Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Business Control Manager.
The Business Control Manager (BCM) equips the business with the risk expertise and resource capability to meet Cenlar’s goal of managing risks, complying with regulatory requirements, and meeting contractual obligations. The BCM continuously assesses and improves the business control environment to ensure its risk management capability. In coordination with Business Function leaders, the BCM is responsible and accountable for managing inherent risk and managing the business functions’ overall control environment.
- Drives the continuous improvement of business control performance and risk mitigation through the on-going RCSA program execution
- Continuously monitors and tests risk and control profile
- Assesses inherent risks of business operations and evaluate the effectiveness of controls
- Proactively identifies control deficiencies
- Continuously updates control ratings as changes occur, or due to new issues, closed issues, or new processes
- Performs continuous monitoring of new issues, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Compliance testing to determine underlying control deficiencies/breakdowns
- Links new issues to controls to determine impact to residual risk
- Timely evaluates controls linked to compliance requirements
- Updates Cenlar’s risk system of record (ProcessUnity)
- Maintains the business risk and control profile leveraging the RCSA process to ensure new process changes, regulatory changes, and technology changes are updated appropriately and timely
- Facilitates annual RCSA reassessment and attestation (control book)
- Ensures proactive identification of materialized issues
- Creates Effective Management Action Plans (MAPs) to remediate issues
- Researches and prepares root cause analysis of new issues with business
- Understands the business impacts of new issues to effectively rate their severity
- Evaluates new issues to determine business response based on business risk appetite and Cenlar Issue Management guidelines
- Evaluates low severity issues to determine appropriateness of Fast Track eligibility. Leads the preparation and processing of Fast Tracking requests
- Leads the creation of remediation MAPs and MAP activities to address root cause of open issues or linkage to pre-existing MAPs when appropriate
- Prepares and processes Risk Acceptance requests
- Drives Issue Management (IM) through successful completion within IM program KRI SLAs
- Performs on-going monitoring of MAP progress towards remediation target date and MAP activity milestones. Provides progress updates to business management and status updates to Issues Management using ProcessUnity
- Proactively identifies potential barriers to meeting target dates
- Prepares and submits MAP extension requests, when appropriate
- Ensures closed issues successfully passing AVT Validations and Sustainability. Demonstrates improved controls as a result of closed issues
- Updates Cenlar’s risk system of record (ProcessUnity)
- Identifies and escalates emerging risks
- Provides control design advice and change management in response to changes in business process, technology, or compliance requirements
- Provides risk representation in Lean Process and other enterprise wide initiatives
- Provides risk training/risk awareness within the business function
- Timely responds to Client requests (Client Audit Support/Client Management)
- Active engagement with internal/external risk stakeholders (Audit, Compliance, Regulatory Change Management, Enterprise Change Management, Issues Management, Oversight & Control, QA/QC, P&P, AVT)
- Liaises with Cenlar’s Policies and Procedures (P&P) team to ensure risks and controls are appropriately reflected within department procedures, Business Function Procedures (BFPs)
- Liaises with Internal Audit and Exam Management to satisfy any requests for risk and control information during audits and examinations. Coordinates management responses into MAPs for submission to auditors and examiners
- Liaises with testing partners (QA, QC, Compliance) to analyze root cause of testing results and suggest remediation activity.
- Liaises with Audit validation team to satisfy evidence requests for validating remediated issues. Coordinates business walkthroughs and any subsequent updates in Process Unity, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience and knowledge of sound risk management practices for mortgage servicing functions
- A demonstrated understanding of risk management and internal control principles, including what constitutes effective control design
- The ability to analyze and provide a credible assessment of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls within his or her assigned area
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.