Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Management.
The Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Management is responsible for managing project execution through the activities of the Project Managers in the performance of their assigned tasks and deliverables. The Manager is ultimately accountable for the success of the Project Managers and is responsible for ensuring adherence to the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) templates and Policies and Procedures, improving the quality of products and services being delivered by EPMO, assisting in project planning, participating in the implementation, and providing post-implementation support of projects.
- Oversees the successful management of Cenlar projects that have been approved by the appropriate governing body and are assigned to the EPMO
- Manages a team of Project Managers, ensuring the quality and timeliness of their performance and reporting in assigned tasks/projects; ensures effective utilization of resources and allocation
- Proactively reviews project documentation and deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established EPMO department standards; this includes, but is not limited to, Project Plans, Status Reports, and Executive Dashboard
- Reviews project plans on a weekly basis with the Project Managers, identifies dependencies, assigns resources, and maintains and tracks throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Recommends solutions and changes for improving service levels
- Acts as point of escalation to resolve conflicts and problems, ensuring any unresolved issues are elevated to EPMO and IT Management for resolution
- Liaises and partners with business team and external parties as needed in leading projects
- Works across multiple functions, developing strong relationships and partnerships across business units and with senior executives
- Coordinates weekly project meetings for those projects with a status of ‘At Risk’ or ‘Overrun’
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects through early identification of risks and provides thoughtful and timely recommendations for risk avoidance and mitigation
- Manages department performance through motivation, monitoring, and coaching
- Identifies training needs and assists in the development and or selection of skill based related training programs.
- Establishes annual goals and Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for the Project Managers in conjunction with EPMO Management and provides feedback on performance of project team members
- Establishes and facilitates regular team meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field required
- 7+ years of experience in Project Manager role
- Experience with technology and/or mortgage/mortgage servicing industry is a plus
- Infrastructure project management or Program and/or Portfolio management experience is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma certifications is a plus
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word, SharePoint, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be highly motivated, detail and results-oriented, with strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective and timely issue resolution and problem solving abilities
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and follow up skills required
- Ability to work independently; this position needs very little management oversight
- Flexible and adept at change; may be called upon to turn troubled projects around
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.