Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation's leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownerships, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Director, Special Products and Escrow.
The Director, Special Products & Escrow is responsible for leading and managing various functions within the Escrow and Special Products operations. This position interfaces with all departments and across various Business Units to drive key initiatives around operational efficiencies, Client satisfaction and risk mitigation. In addition, this role plays a key part in leadership and development of our line management teams in their function, and is an instrumental part of our leadership team to deliver and execute on our business plan objectives.
- Overall responsibility and oversight for various Functions’ operations, financials, risk, clients, vendors and customer experience performance
- Develops and maintains staff planning forecast to recruit, develop and retain a cohesive operations support structure that motivates and builds a superior operational team
- Collaborates and develops with Escrow VP, a sustainable Operations plan to achieve client satisfaction, and enhance borrower experience
- Responsible for Federal and State Regulatory compliance performance within various areas of the Operations
- Implements effective project management standards and measurements
- Proactively identifies opportunities and risks, while overseeing the improvement of risk assessment(s) and management practices
- Thoughtfully develops and defines business requirements and KPIs that enable the business to track performance and success and inform business decisions and prioritization
- Creates a positive working environment where employees are highly engaged and have the opportunity to grow and develop; ensures regular communication at all levels, expectations and goals, scorecards for agents, regular feedback, appropriate performance management, career development, and overall accountability
- Develops and prepares annual budgets and monitors monthly expenses; initiates controls to maintain expenses within budget
- Continuously improves the Operation’s processes in order to enhance the borrower experience, reduce defects, improve efficiency, and automate processes and controls; creates near term activities and develops a longer term outlook and plan around necessary investments
- Facilitates participation in User groups for Tier 0/1 vendors (BKFS) and drives process changes
- Establishes regular operational reporting that identifies gaps in attaining required service levels
- Ensures contractual client service standards are achieved or exceeded on a monthly basis
- Oversees policy and procedure development and enhancement within the Operations as needed
- Measures and monitors key functional performance measures by department to increase income/lower costs where applicable and improve service levels
- Develops and oversees formal new product review process
- Facilitates all Special Products revenue strategies
- Ensures solid Suspense/cash/remittance control processes are in place
- Initiates Escrow operations-wide reviews of Servicing platform to maximize Operations efficiency
- Ensures solid funding/cash control processes are in place
- Oversees Customer contact reduction strategies for all Escrow Operations (Customer Calls and e-mails, Client requests, Complaints)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years mortgage servicing experience; 5+ years Servicing management experience
- Progressive experience and significant exposure to all Escrow and Special Products Operations
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills
- Experience with the Black Knight mortgage servicing package
- Previous responsibility for a servicing portfolio of greater than 250,000 loans
- Advanced understanding of key Escrow and Special Products Federal and state regulations
- Solid reputation with regulatory agencies
- Strong analytical/financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated success implementing technological solutions to improve productivity, increase customer service levels, or expand capacity
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you'll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional development.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.