Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Team Lead, Default.
The Team Lead, Default assists the Supervisor in facilitating business procedures and best practices to deliver the highest quality client services. This may include creating and generating reports, training new team members, quality control and overseeing the productivity of the team. The Team Lead, Default also ensures that the team meets its performance goals, operates according to the standards of the Operations and is compliant with all investors, insurers, clients and according to Cenlar policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Works with Supervisor to implement and maintainprograms, strategies, procedures, and policies
- Assists department supervisor in day-to-day direction of staff and workflow process
- Assists team with day-to-day functions which may include maintaining systems and logs, managing call volume, monitoring the ordering of documents and other activities related to the Department
- Observes and trains colleagues with side by side coaching and evaluation
- Provides coaching, training, and timely feedback on performance to staff
- Provides assistance to team to help them reach acceptable levels of performance in production and accuracy
- Produces reports on weekly/monthly basis to track actions related to the Operations. Reports on trends and findings to Management of the Operations
- Ensures all loans, letters, and/or notices are reviewed timely and accurately and are in compliance with all regulations
- Keeps Supervisor/Manager advised of all issues, status of work, unresolved escalated items, and/or potential risk/exposure issues
- Ensures employees receive appropriate training, equipment, and supplies to perform effectively
- May handle client inquiries that have been escalated and facilitates the resolution of the issue according to standards
- Updates policies and procedures as required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management
- Senior Managers, Department Managers and Supervisors
- External: Investors, Insurers, Vendors, Clients, Government officials
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in area related to Default Operations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, sometimes in high pressure situations
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, math and problem resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt quickly to change
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of various Mortgage Servicing regulations preferred
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.