Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Default Compliance Specialist Sr.
The Default Compliance Specialists ensure compliance with all federal, state, investor, insurer, and client policies, procedures and guidelines prior to the referral of foreclosure. These positions conduct a thorough review of each delinquent loan to confirm all state and servicing pre-requisites were comported with in order to avoid significant monetary loss and audit findings.
- Works all applicable referral reports required
- Ensures all compliance letters such as demand notices and other regulatory notices required by state, investor, insurer and Client are issued timely and accurately. Ensures all letter updates are tracked in state matrix
- Ensures timely and prudent review of all GSE loans for foreclosure referral in accordance with GSE guidelines
- Ensures timely and prudent review of all Non-GSE loans for foreclosure referral in accordance with client/investor guidelines
- Assists and works with the manager for referral specific reporting to senior management.
- Notifies the default manager and default compliance supervisor of any and all trends, problems, and/or situations of failure to comply with established policies, procedures, guidelines, and/or any risks or situations that could pose a significant risk of monetary loss to Cenlar
- Oversees staff and assist with workflow as needed
- Develops and trains admins underperforming
- Manages and ensures loans with a principal balance of $10,000 or under are not placed in foreclosure without equity review or charge off
- Tracks and disseminates disaster declarations to ensure applicable foreclosure moratoriums are followed
- Tracks and ensures all state due diligence procedures and face to face solicitations were comported with per the applicable procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years default experience in a mortgage banking environment preferred
- 2+ years leadership experience as a lead or supervisor in default, compliance, or legal field
- Strong compliance background
- Familiarity with Origination documentsor title experience desired
- Experience with HUD or Ginnie default servicing requirements
- Excellent public speaking Skills
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD, and VA default administration requirements
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.