AAA Washington provides roadside assistance, insurance, and travel services to over 1.1 million members in Washington State and Northern Idaho. Headquartered in Bellevue, WA, the organization is comprised of approximately 700 dedicated staff located at the corporate offices, and 22 retail service centers in Washington and Idaho.
AAA Members have come to trust the integrity, reliability, and quality of the AAA brand. As AAA Washington continues to expand and enhance services and capabilities that rely on technology, we must take appropriate measures to protect our brand promise by ensuring the overall quality, security, performance and reliability of our server infrastructure.
The Systems Administrator at AAA Washington plays a crucial role in procuring, configuring, implementing and supporting server infrastructure, including physical and virtual on-premise, and virtual/hosted cloud server solutions.
The Systems Administrator demonstrates substantive skill in five key areas:
- Server and storage technical architecture and configuration.
- Server virtualization.
- Server administration, monitoring and management.
- Server operating systems and program products.
- Cloud administration, monitoring and management.
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of server technologies and concepts (e.g. physical/virtual, operating systems, storage solutions, cloud-based services, monitoring tools).
Configure and provision AAA Washington servers (production, development and test) in accordance with established configuration standards and change management policy
Maintain and manage Cloud portals and infrastructure – Including Azure AD, M365, Azure Portal, AWS portal
- Update/maintain logical, and physical designs for AAA Washington server infrastructure.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Monitor and manage servers and storage solutions (on-premise, hosted, or public cloud) to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of server and storage hardware, operating systems and program product software applications; perform root cause analysis and execute remediation as required to ensure continuous improvement of the AAA Washington server environment.
- Participate in development of disaster recovery strategies for the AAA Washington server environment. Participate in testing and verification of availability, performance and functionality of DR components.
- Contribute to server technology upgrade / expansion projects.
- Research and test new server hardware and software and monitoring tools.
- Engage with strategic vendors; attend conferences / training sessions to stay current with emerging trends and changes in server technology.
- Responsible for implementing design / configuration changes recommended as a result of any applicable internal/external audits.
- Responsible for ensuring that any key controls defined for AAA Washington that are associated with server infrastructure are appropriately performed.
- Represents AAA Washington at the regional / national level for server infrastructure related activities, initiatives and events as needed.
- Manage all aspects of server backup / restore services, including administration and management of the AAA Washington backup systems.
- Primary accountability for server configuration planning and execution (security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades).
- Work closely with application developers and 3 rd party software vendors to ensure provisioned servers meet application specifications and secure / technical configuration standards of AAA Washington.
- Manage / administer special server stacks / platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Informix, and SharePoint) as assigned.
- Administer VMware hosts and guests with multiple operating systems (Red Hat Linux, Windows Server), including provisioning, monitoring, and P2V or V2V migrations.
- Manage / monitor batch job production operations.
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on-call support.
- Provide input to quote requests and invoice reviews for approvals.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with a diverse audience, including front line technical staff, non-technical staff & management, and vendors/providers.
- Demonstrated operational and technical skills; hands-on ability to manage complex server environments and associated infrastructure.
- Effective writing skills (e.g. - incident and problem notifications, Request-for-Change documentation, root cause analysis, product recommendations).
- Demonstrated knowledge of key trends and strategies, including virtualization; blade server technology, public / private cloud, server monitoring, server security standards.
- Operating System experience: Windows Server, RedHat Linux
- Database experience: SQL, Informix
Experience / Training / Education:
- 5+ years experience in server administration / server management.
- 3+ years experience in server virtualization (architecture, design, and management).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related discipline (or additional, relevant work experience) required.
- Must have a valid WA state Driver’s License
- 22 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year!
- 9 Paid Holidays a year
- 4 Hours of Volunteer Time Pay (VTP) a year
- 401(k) with employer match
- Free AAA Membership
- Great Health & Life Benefits!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Travel and Insurance discounts!