AAA Washington is seeking a Senior Manager of Analytics. The Senior Manager of Analytics is responsible for leading a team of business data analysts in quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting, measuring business trends, deriving insights, and guiding management’s focus on a data driven culture. This role will work closely with senior leadership to develop strong metrics and reporting through the expansion of our business intelligence tools, particularly Tableau, in order to increase the visibility of critical business performance, drive key initiatives, and create operational efficiencies. Responsibilities will also include providing tools to access and manipulate dashboards, overseeing training required, facilitate support of interaction with supported areas to meet business needs, and assisting with the budget and forecast process. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing data analytics and providing accurate and timely information to the organization, adept with optimal data management and data warehouse techniques, and will direct and manage staff to achieve and align with AAA Washington objectives and core values, holding the analytics team to a high standard of ethical behavior. The candidate must be a strong senior leader, motivator & collaborator, a strategic thinker, while having an eye for details, along with innate critical thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Lead delivery of business intelligence and analytical solutions to stakeholders that provides data-driven insights into business performance, issues and initiatives.
- Standardize techniques and level set expectations in team development, while expanding learning capabilities and expertise.
- Expand and enhance data visualizations, particularly with Tableau, providing maximum flexibility to end users in exploring the data.
- Collaborate with other departments to assess and prioritize business intelligence and data needs.
- Develop and implement business plans, policies and procedures related to providing business intelligence solutions.
- Be the administrator of business intelligence tools.
- Evaluate results within business units to determine if organizational objectives are being accurately measured and met.
- Build and maintain tools and analysis to support the budget, financial reporting and analyzing variances
- Provide ongoing analysis of business operations in collaborating with other business leaders
- Proven leadership with data analytic teams, achieving effective results
- Expertise with business intelligence tools, with preference with Tableau.
- Ability to guide, influence, and motivate others across the organization and externally
- Ability to effectively delegate and lead by personal example
- Bachelor Degree required
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required
- 5-7+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in travel, insurance, subscription membership and/or service related industries
Join the mission-driven, service-oriented culture at one of the most highly trusted brands in the country for these great benefits:
- GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF (Up to 22 days PTO in the first year)
- HOLIDAYS - In addition to PTO, eligible employees receive pay for the observance of nine holidays.
- VOLUNTEER TIME PAY - the VTP benefit allows you to volunteer with pay, up to four hours a year.
- GREAT HEALTH AND LIFE BENEFITS
- 401(k) WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA)
- TRAVEL AND INSURANCE DISCOUNTS
- AAA MEMBERSHIP - We provide employees a free AAA Premier RV membership. Not only does this give you access to emergency roadside services, but you’ll be able to take advantage of trip planning tools and member discounts.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY plus discretionary performance-based bonus
- Tobacco/Drug Free Workplace & EOE