Join AAA Washington as a Digital Product Owner! We offer:
- 22 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year!
- 9 Paid Holidays a year
- 4 Hours of Volunteer Time Pay (VTP) a year
- 401(k) with employer match
- Free AAA Membership
- Great Health & Life Benefits!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Travel and Insurance discounts!
AAA Washington provides roadside assistance, insurance, and travel services to approximately 1.2 million members in Washington State and Northern Idaho. Headquartered in Bellevue, WA, the organization is comprised of approximately 650 dedicated staff located at the corporate offices, and 18 retail locations in Washington and Idaho.
AAA Members have come to trust the integrity, reliability, and quality of the AAA brand. As AAA Washington continues to expand and enhance services and capabilities that rely on technology, we must take appropriate measures to ensure that the solutions deployed meet / exceed the expectations of our customers, staff, and partners.
AAA connects with our members through brick & mortar, contact center, and digital channels. Our digital channel includes web-based and mobile app features and services that help deliver the signature value of AAA to members anytime, anywhere.
The Product Owner - Digital Services at AAA Washington fills a vital role in ensuring that our digital channel provides an optimized (efficient and intuitive) service experience, and our digital channel continuously evolves with new features and capabilities that will delight our members and customers.
The Product Owner - Digital Services resides within the Digital Services organization, and represents the voice of our members, customers, and business line stakeholders. The Product Owner - Digital Services possesses the following competencies:
- Uses a hybrid of business acumen and external customer-centric approach to support new and emerging opportunities in digital customer experience.
- Builds rapport with aligned business lines and manages and maintains a positive and collaborative relationship.
- Captures product feature requirements and clearly express those in the Product Backlog.
- Orders the items in the Product Backlog to assure priority alignment with goals and strategy.
- Contributes insights that optimize the value of the work the Development Team performs.
- Uses data analytics and performance metrics to determine opportunities for improvements in product and user experience.
- Maintains visibility of the Product Backlog to stakeholders for new product enhancements, and keep stakeholders apprised of product optimization outcomes driven by optimization testing activities.
- Ensures the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
The Product Owner - Digital Services is accountable for the following:
- Review, understand, and be able to articulate the organization’s strategic plan.
- Engage with stakeholders to capture and define features or capabilities that will be delivered via the agile product development process.
- Lead requirements definition and validation activities for key initiatives within their aligned business area.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager – Digital Services, providing input for product roadmaps, dashboards, and product strategies.
- Participate in release and sprint planning for digital channel products.
- Represent aligned stakeholders in development of product backlogs, creation of user stories, & requirements definition.
- Lead with a balanced approach toward prioritization of features, taking into account both the overall strategic plan for the organization, and the business goals of their aligned business unit.
- Guide feature creation and requirements development to ensure that features add customer value and/or provide efficiency or quality improvement to business operations.
- Review data to monitor the health and performance of digital products and funnels.
- Monitors analytic data via self-created and automated reports and creates ad-hoc reporting as needed. Proactively monitors digital products and funnels report any irregularities and escalates with appropriate urgency.
- Keeps abreast of digital trends, competition, and innovation.
- Agile Product Owner experience: Demonstrated ability to engage and guide interactions with business stakeholders; exhibit a high degree of collaboration and team work in agile product delivery.
- Business analysis experience: Demonstrated ability to partner effectively to develop a detailed and accurate understanding of business operations, and facilitate the development of sound, effective business requirements, user stories, and application configuration tasks.
- Negotiation & compromise: Demonstrated ability to represent aligned business priorities effectively, and to recognize the value of compromise when the organization or our customers would be served better by focusing on a different priority first.
- Organization and attention to detail: Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives, activities, and stakeholders efficiently.
- Professionalism and diplomacy: Demonstrated experience collaborating professionally and diplomatically with a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure team health, and product value.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile teams, agile product delivery, and agile programs.
- Understanding of user experience and interface design.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics driven product optimization.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
Qualifications & education:
- 3 – 5 years experience in Product Owner or Product Specialist.
- Product Owner certification required.
- BS/BA in Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar program required.