As part of the community outreach function, the Community Health Navigator supports the development of and executes on the outreach strategy in a certain territory for the purposes of impacting health outcomes, health care costs, and member engagement. This position is responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with community stakeholders and providers, implementing and managing community events and education programs, and engaging a group of select members in that territory. Based on the territory / market assigned, the Community Health Navigator may be asked to focus in one or all of the below functional areas. *Routine home visitations are an essential expectation of the Community Health Navigator role.
• Required Associate’s Degree in Healthcare, Human Services or related field or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Required must live/near the following service counties: Wayne, Oakland and Macomb.
• Required minimum of two (2) years of health care in an office/clinic/hospital setting, human services or equivalent school experience.
• Required must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License, valid insurance and reliable transportation.
• Required traveling to and accessing members' homes and community locations within assigned region.
• Develops and maintains relationships with members and community organizations via phone, mail, e-mail and personal visits.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of managed care, medical terminology and disease processes.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Proven community based experienced through volunteerism, employment or education.
• Preferred minimum of two (2) years of health care in an office/clinic/hospital setting or human services experience.
• Preferred ability to effectively communicate preventive health and health management philosophies to individual members, small groups and external agencies.
• Preferred comprehensive knowledge of Managed Care, Medicaid requirements and plan, policies and procedures.
• Preferred bilingual Spanish or Arabic, but not required.