Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund manager with over $12 billion of net assets under management. The firm pursues investment strategies primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Established in 1994, Bracebridge manages private investment funds that serve endowments, foundations, pension funds and other institutional and high-net-worth investors.
Approximately 140 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Bracebridge rewards and supports motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and intellectually curious individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
The Quantitative Analyst will work directly with the members of the Rates Portfolio Investment Team and report directly to the Director of R&D. The successful candidate will develop an in-depth understanding of the firm’s asset pricing models, quantitative data acquisition system, portfolio and risk management report generation, and take ownership of many aspects of the firm’s daily data acquisition and system processes. The emphasis is on practical, hands-on quantitative analysis and development in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of a suite of applications and processes which collect, validate, normalize, store and monitor the various structured and unstructured financial market data from internal and external sources used in pricing the rates’ portfolio
• Take over the ownership of this suite of processes and applications, perform daily monitoring and work to resolve issues with data and/or analytics
• Develop a thorough understanding of the daily pricing and risk valuation of the rates portfolio
• Collaborate with members of the Quantitative Research and Development team and Trading Floor personnel to develop advanced analytical tools to be used in the day to day management of the rates investment process
• MS in Computational Finance/Financial Mathematics/Financial Engineering
• 2+ years of quantitative finance experience. Familiarity with fixed-income instruments across interest rate, credit, and correlation space
• Solid knowledge of object-oriented concepts and C++; familiarity with C# and SQL, Bloomberg, Postgres or SQL Server databases
• Experience in a multi-programmer environment is a plus
• Proven ability to produce quality work under time pressure, and to work collaboratively with others
• Intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn