Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund manager with over $12 billion of net assets under management. The firm pursues investment strategies primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Established in 1994, Bracebridge manages private investment funds that serve endowments, foundations, pension funds and other institutional and high-net-worth investors.
Approximately 140 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Bracebridge rewards and supports motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and intellectually curious individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
Bracebridge is currently looking to hire a Financial Reporting Specialist to join our Financial Reporting team. In this role, you will work closely with other team members, third-party administrators, and outside auditors to ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of audited financial statements and regulatory reports for the Bracebridge funds, including both domestic and offshore master-feeder fund structures. Start date is flexible.
• Prepare annual, quarterly and interim financial statements and footnotes in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principals
• Prepare quarterly SEC, quarterly CFTC/NFA and annual CIMA regulatory reports
• Prepare evaluations of reporting thresholds for compliance and portfolio constraints for individual investors
• Prepare investor specific monthly reports and respond to investor inquiries
• Prepare monthly/quarterly accounting reconciliations to verify the accuracy of the accounting records
• Prepare and compile audit deliverables and review required formal communications from auditors
• Incorporate consolidation accounting into certain reporting deliverables
• Analyze daily trades for proper classification in the accounting system
• Assist with regulatory reporting requirements in foreign jurisdictions (Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal)
• Prepare/review materials associated with Board of Directors meetings
• Research accounting guidance and incorporate qualitative and quantitative disclosures into financial statements
• Additional responsibilities may include researching and implementing operational improvements, ad- hoc analyses and special project work
• Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Accounting
• 1-2 years of related experience within financial services; hedge funds or private equity experience a plus
• CPA or working towards CPA certification
• Knowledge of fixed income securities (including bond amortization), derivatives, complex financial instruments, and master-feeder structures is a plus
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Total Return accounting system is a plus
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to work with a diverse group of internal and external resources, in a challenging, fast-paced setting