Walgreens - Full-Time Shift Lead (Keyholder)
As a Walgreens Shift Lead, you'll develop and enhance your leadership abilities as an indispensable asset to our store staff. As a liaison between management and non-management team members, you'll be a key part of ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered to our customers. You'll also provide leadership to team members by communicating tasks from the store manager, coaching on warehouse and vendor orders, and handling day-to-day cash functions. You'll have the tools and guidance available to lead team members and support store management, giving you the opportunity to serve in a vital role on our front-end team.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walgreens)
Founded over a century ago in 1901, we have a rich and colorful history of continuous improvement and innovation at Walgreens. From inventing the world’s first chocolate malted milkshake to the creation of one of the most popular and sophisticated mobile applications in retail shopping today, we have transformed ourselves into a leader within the retail and drug industry.
- Opens and closes the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business day. Responsible for opening back door of store for deliveries.
- Completes product returns, order voids, customer refunds, cash drops to the safe, and provides change as requested to cash registers.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Responsible for holding store keys to open and close without management as necessary.
- Assists with and coaches other team members to work with warehouse and vendor ordering process as the orders are created, reviewed, and received, including opening the backdoor for vendor deliveries.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, including records of scanning errors, price verifications, items not on file, price modifications, and voids.
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order exceptions on order release day and assists in reverse logistics (e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains the accuracy of on-hand quantities including, but not limited to, basic departments, stockroom, and overstock locations.
- Assist with ensuring the Outdate program is followed with team members.
- Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price changes; ensures proper signage is displayed at the store to support accurate pricing of products. Ensures any additional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programs are completed accurately and within the required time frame.
- Assist with bookkeeping activities, including cash report, cash counts, ledgers, and bill payment as necessary or as requested.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as required in manager absence, or as requested by manager.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assist at Pharmacy out window as requested.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Responsible for bag checks of team members before leaving the store.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager.
- Obtains and maintains valid PTCB certification or pharmacy license as required by state.
- Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team members by communicating assigned tasks to team members when store management is not present.
- Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to management.
- One year of prior leadership, supervisory, or retail key holder work experience.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.