About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role . Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides
advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works
collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and
achieve overall business objectives.
- Identifies customer needs and initiates referrals to BMO colleagues.
- Supports customer requests for banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- Welcomes customers warmly and meets their banking service and transactional needs with seamless execution.
- Offers advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making it easy, simple, and fast to bank with BMO.
- Reviews customer profiles and engages customers in a needs-based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address everyday banking plans and credit card needs.
- Contributes to meeting branch business results and the customer experience.
- Supports operational activities (e.g. inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening and closing activities).
- Manages, loads, and reconciles cash transactions between treasury and various branch units (e.g. CRU).
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked, hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to uphold the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking products, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Protects the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits &escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- No prior banking experience necessary; post-secondary degree or certification in related field of study is desirable and 6 months of customer service and cash handling experience are preferred.
- High-level knowledge of personal, commercial and partner offers, and how each can best serve customers’ individual needs.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Highly skilled at helping people who don’t find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits.
- Projects a professional presence.
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists.
- Passionate commitment to helping customers.
- A focus on delivering a personal experience to customers.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal &written communication skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration &team skills - Basic (in business environment).