At SSP America we offer a variety of career paths—all essential, important positions responsible for delivering our Passion Principles directly to our passengers. Consider a wide range of positions from bartender to barista, cook to cashier as your next career step.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (SSP America)
At SSP America, we are restaurateurs, foodies and culinary experts who happen to operate restaurants in airports. When asked, “What do you do?”, we reply: “I’m a food travel expert from SSP America. We’re passionate about bringing cool, authentic restaurants to airports that reflect a taste of place.”
SSP America operates several restaurants throughout the Chicago Midway International Airport located in Chicago, IL.
- Process orders and enter them accurately into the POS system.
- Receive payment from the customer and process change.
- Serve cold, frozen, and hot drinks as well as a wide variety of food items to guests.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Ensure that the work area is clean throughout the day.
- Clean equipment and utensils, removes trash, sweep and mop work area, dust and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create a positive guest experience by cleaning and maintaining hygienic work areas
- Maintain the cleanliness of all surfaces and equipment (i.e., floors, ceiling tiles, walls, windows, worktables, hoods, vents, grills, refrigerators, service counters, storage areas, etc.)
- Removes refuse to designated areas.
- Clear and reset tables in dining areas between seatings, as needed and transports service-ware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Scrape food from dirty dishes, pots, and pans and wash them by hand or load dishwasher and return them to their proper storage place.
- Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards; may include the use of heavy equipment
- Assist all guests with specific requests and communicate special needs to server/supervisor
- Load/unload supply trucks transferring between storage and work areas
- Stock, date, rotate, and check the temperature of food items
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis
- Requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and breakdown of any machinery and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality
- Complete opening, on-going, and closing checklists as required
- Takes responsibility for quality of products served
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Other duties as assigned
-Must be 18+ years old
-Must be able to pass badging process and provide a valid driver's license/state ID and Social Security card/birth certificate
-Must have Food Handler's Certifcate
-Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Schedule: Full time (Shifts vary between 4am-11:30pm)
Pay: $16.00-$16.65/hour + $2.00/hour incentive, Sign-on Bonus, benefits and perks
Location: Midway International Airport