Skills for America’s Future (Skills) is a national expansion initiative operated by Skills for Chicagoland’s Future. Since 2013, Skills’ sites in Chicago and Rhode Island have connected over 17,000 unemployed and underemployed job seekers to open roles at leading companies committed to diverse hiring. In the process, we have generated more than $307.3 million of cumulative economic impact. In 2021, leveraging a national business plan Skills announced a $10 million fundraising initiative to bring our jobs-first workforce development model to 25 total sites over the next ten years. Learn more about the Skills network and our impact at https://www.skillsforchicagolandsfuture.com/national-expansion.
Skills is driven to meet the talent demands of businesses, and to be a catalyst for systemic change and innovation. The force behind this drive is centered on our mission to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work. By focusing on the hiring demand of employers, Skills has created a paradigm shift in the general supply-driven approach to workforce development. The impact of this demand-driven approach can be seen through both the employers’ skilled and diverse workforce, and the economic mobility provided to the job seekers who are no longer unemployed/underemployed. Its foundation is built on its strong employer partner relationships, dedicated Board of Directors, and flexible funding support.
The Manager of Compliance & Evaluation will work to support the successful expansion of Skills for Chicagoland’s Future’s jobs-first model into new markets and regions. They will be responsible for overseeing quality assurance and strategic alignment across affiliate sites. As well as for providing data and insights and conducting evaluations for and with affiliate sites.
The Manager of Compliance & Evaluation will report to the Senior Vice President of National Expansion.
This is a hybrid position based in Chicago with 2-3 days per week onsite at our Downtown Loop location. The remaining days will be remote. This role may require some travel.
The Manager of Compliance & Evaluation will have three main areas of focus:
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure consistent delivery of high-quality experiences to all stakeholders (employers, job seekers, talent providers) in the execution of the Skills’ model across network of affiliates
- Ensure that network of site activities are in-line with affiliate agreement (i.e., affiliate terms, brand identity, and north star)
- Develop processes to ensure sites are following requirements to achieve quality outcomes
- Data & Insights
- Track, evaluate, and analyze key metrics and outcomes
- Identify best practices and development areas for network for sites
- Conduct research on model effectiveness and other national unemployment/skill gap trends to incorporate into affiliate sites’ programmatic elements
- Strategic Alignment
- Key contributor to the development of forums to share and learn best practices to improve outcomes
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics or related field (i.e. accounting, mathematics…)
- 3-5 years data analytic or auditing experience, preferably within workforce development
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft 365 skills
- Proficient with Tableau
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment; possess the ability to be both strategic and tactical
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for Skills’ Guiding Principles:
- Enthusiasm for the Mission - We are individually and collectively motivated and energized by our deep passion for putting unemployed individuals into jobs through a model that embraces our employers and our job seekers.
- Equity – The collective identity of our people reflects and represents the community we serve. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and will engage our diverse range of stakeholders to positively impact economic mobility.
- Integrity - We are driven by our personal ethics and our collective moral compass pointed towards always acting with integrity and requiring this of those around us.
- Change - We are flexible individually and agile as an organization, driven by the evolving demands of our stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity - We are innovators, built on the foundation of curiosity about how to help others and are driven daily to continually evolve solutions that moves Skills forward.
- Impact - We are focused on the goal of positively impacting economic mobility by using the Skills model to place unemployed into jobs; the process drives the output – we celebrate results rather than tasks and are driven by our missteps to learn and grow.
- Data (approach / mindset) - Everything we do is because of and supported by data - it drives and guides our decision-making process