Assistant Property Manager
Mission-driven and highly entrepreneurial property management firm focusing on affordable multifamily and senior housing is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Assistant Property Manager. This individual will be a bright and dynamic leader with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff and oversee day-to-day operations.
Reporting to a Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Previous experience with government-assisted and subsidized housing programs is required.
- Open to become certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist before or after hire if needed
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated ability to successfully assist in day-to-day operations, maintenance programs, marketing and leasing activities, occupancy and annual tenant certifications.
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential; computer proficiency (specifically in MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus, as is familiarity with Yardi software.
- Ability to envision and create, in concert with manager, residents and staff, a harmonious, cohesive atmosphere.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, team orientation and willingness to learn are a must!
The Assistant Property Manager position will provide support to the Property Manager by managing various assigned the following tasks:
- Ensure that systems are aligned within the parameters of HUD and state housing agency.
- Guarantee all applicable regulations are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health.
- Make certain that all contracts are professionally prepared and that adequate engineering specifications are contractually incorporated for all major repair work.
- Ensure that compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws are maintained.
- Assist in collecting rents, processing move-ins / move-outs in the Yardi system, completing annual and interim certifications of households.
- Work closely with other staff members who work in the property’s office or who may also work in the maintenance area.
HOW WE RECOGNIZE & REWARD YOU
At POAH Communities, we understand that compensation and benefits are important not only to our employees but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards and benefits to meet your needs including:
- Extensive Benefits package (i.e., Life Insurance, PPO Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k) and AD&D)
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- NEW Paid Parental Leave Benefit
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
About POAH Communities
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages over 12,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has over 400 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston, Cincinnati and Chicago.