Position Summary: The welder’s main responsibility is to join, fabricate, and repair metal, including but not limited to carbon, stainless steel and aluminum, by applying appropriate welding techniques and maintaining Freedman Seating quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read blueprints and/or job procedures to determine appropriate welding process.
- Ability to weld with minimal quality issues.
- Ability to measure weldments using quality control equipment.
- Performs basic fit up operation in preparation for welding, on stock and standard products as well as prototypes, and with and without the use of fixtures
- Meet minimum production requirements.
- Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- May lead, direct and train others.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- At least five or more years of experience preferred and/or combination of education and experience.
- MIG and TIG weld required.
- Ability to read English.
- Must have strong math and measurement skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.