Skills celebrated 10 years of impact in 2022, having placed 11,000 Chicagoans into jobs. Skills has a unique approach to solving the disconnect between jobs and job seekers; being demand-driven, Skills starts with the employer and the job and then works back to source job candidates who often lack access to good jobs. Skills teams focus on recruiting from disinvested communities and coaching candidates to succeed in securing and persisting in their new job.
Skills is committed to increasing the economic mobility of the under and unemployed by connecting them to quality jobs through our deep partnership and understanding of the unique human capital needs of our network of engaged employers. This approach drives systemic change and innovation and can be seen through both the employers’ skilled and diverse workforce, and the economic mobility provided to the job seekers who are no longer unemployed/underemployed. Launched in 2012, Skills’ foundation is built on its strong employer partner relationships, dedicated Board of Directors, and funding support from both the City of Chicago and private donors.
For more information on Skills’ impact on the local business and economic landscape, and national thought leadership, please visit www.skillsforchicagolandsfuture.com.
The Salesforce and Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring Skills’ information systems meet the business needs of the organization. This role will need to understand the internal structure of the business and how processes work in order to analyze and create tests and develop specifications and requirements for necessary system changes.
This position will work directly with department liaisons to ensure that necessary updates and changes are made to systems to ensure efficient and effective processes are in place. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the administration of Skills’ Salesforce and Target Recruit systems.
This is a new position at Skills that will be a member of the Finance, HR, and IT team. This position is based in Chicago. This is a full-time position.
This is a hybrid position based in Chicago with 2-3 days per week onsite at our Downtown Loop location. The remaining days will be remote.
Systems Monitoring and Enhancements:
- Administration of Salesforce, Target Recruit, and Microsoft Suite.
- Play a key role in the implementation of Target Recruit, as the new Applicant Tracking System of record, including user acceptance testing.
- Utilize Agile project management strategy to ensure upgrades and integrations are implemented based on use cases and business needs.
- Serve as the in-house subject matter expert for Salesforce and Target Recruit, proactively learn about each of the systems- various use cases, and alignment with our business needs.
- Serve as the liaison between department representatives and technical resources.
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to determine new configurations that need to be added.
- Deploy and monitor all updates on systems and software.
- Inform Software “owners” of expiring contracts or auto-renew contracts 90 days in advance.
- Make recommendations for changes or negotiations that should be made.
- Administer and streamline software licenses.
Training and monitoring :
- Train users on how to appropriately utilize our software systems.
- Lead on brainstorming new ways to add more functionality to systems.
- Create and implement initial and on-going trainings and support to ensure utilization of best practices with our systems.
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
Financial Responsibilities :
- Preparing costs and benefits analysis on systems
- Support the implementation of the newly developed IT Governance Policy, maintaining system inventories and managing project charters for enhancements and new requests.
- Keep a database of current systems with contract renewal, auto renewal, costs, licenses etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
Preferred that candidates have experience in:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the fields of computer science, information technology, engineering, or information systems or relevant years of experience and qualifications.
- Non-profit workforce or program organizations
- Full Staffing Solution software
- Salesforce - CRM
- Lightening flows
- Data migration projects
- Learning Management Systems
- Microsoft 365
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- The ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- An adaptable and flexible attitude, allowing you to approach and solve problems by examining them from different angles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Program Management Skills
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Interpersonal and cultural competency skills facilitating collaboration and positive relationships with a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Passion for Skills’ Guiding Principles:
- Enthusiasm for the Mission - We are individually and collectively motivated and energized by our deep passion for putting unemployed individuals into jobs through a model that embraces our employers and our job seekers.
- Equity – The collective identity of our people reflects and represents the community we serve. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and will engage our diverse range of stakeholders to positively impact economic mobility.
- Integrity - We are driven by our personal ethics and our collective moral compass pointed towards always acting with integrity and requiring this of those around us.
- Change - We are flexible individually and agile as an organization, driven by the evolving demands of our stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity - We are innovators, built on the foundation of curiosity about how to help others and are driven daily to continually evolve solutions that moves Skills forward.
- Impact - We are focused on the goal of positively impacting economic mobility by using the Skills model to place unemployed into jobs; the process drives the output – we celebrate results rather than tasks and are driven by our missteps to learn and grow.
- Data (approach / mindset) - Everything we do is because of and supported by data - it drives and guides our decision-making process