At POAH Communities we empower our diverse and inclusive staff to provide high-quality property management to our residents. We train our people to deliver superior customer service – focusing on how and why we do it. At POAH Communities, you can be part of our talented, energetic, customer-service oriented team. Are you ready to join us?
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND'S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: POAH Communities
At POAH Communities, we believe that access to affordable, safe and healthy housing is a right; but, it is only one part of the answer in taking on the barriers to opportunity. We have found the best way to have a positive impact for individuals and families across our portfolio is by working with our communities in finding solutions. We take a holistic approach to the work of Community Impact by engaging our staff, residents and neighborhood partners in creating strategies towards shared goals across our outcome areas.
POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Maintenance Supervisor. This individual will be a bright and dynamic leader with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff and oversee day-to-day operations.
Reporting to a Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Three – Five years of direct experience (minimum) in property management and related fields (construction and acquisition/renovation).
- Demonstrate ability and expertise in making electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs related to the general maintenance of a multifamily community.
- Successfully manage preventative and reactive maintenance obligations.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships for projects and routine maintenance, a plus
- Proficiency in the use of computers and mobile devices including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and Yardi financial reporting software.
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria/processes and the low income housing tax credit program as they relate to physical assets and customer service.
- Availability to work periodic flexible hours and overtime as may be required.
- Ability to travel by plane and automobile may be required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 65lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Support the Property Manager (PM) by repairing and maintaining the physical conditions which meets building codes and those standards imposed by HUD and other housing regulatory agencies/ commissions.
- Ensure that work orders are managed through the Yardi software system and that they are completed within 24 hours of submission.
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets.
- Manage resident relations / customer inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Seek opportunities to enhance communications and to build collaborative relationships with Regional Property Supervisor, fellow colleagues, Maintenance Technicians and vendors.
- Some Post High School Education, Apprenticeship, or Supervised Technical Training Preferred
HOW WE RECOGNIZE & REWARD YOU
At POAH Communities, we understand that compensation and benefits are important not only to our employees but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards and benefits to meet your needs including:
- Extensive Benefits package (i.e., Life Insurance, PPO Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k) and AD&D)
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- NEW Paid Parental Leave Benefit
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
About POAH Communities
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages over 12,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has over 400 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston, Cincinnati and Chicago.