Data Engineer, Mortgage Servicing
Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Data Engineer.
The Data Engineer supports the Sr. Manager, Asset Liability Management in executing Cenlar’s asset-liability management modeling and analytics functions. Specifically, the individual will play a critical role in effectively utilizing key financial modeling, forecasting, valuation, risk measurement, and analytics systems, providing consistent assessment of risks and earnings sensitivities associated with Cenlar’s balance sheet and subservicing business, and providing business intelligence based on a variety of analytics, enabling management to make proactive, pre-emptive business decisions to manage risk and profitability.
- Performs complex modeling and analytics within production schedules, including several varieties of quantitative measures
- Develops assumptions and process for models owned by the business units
- Translates model results for risk and profitability management
- Develops, presents, implements, and documents procedures, methodologies, algorithms, tools, models, and reports
- Understands and adheres to the company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls.
- Develops and enhances complex models for financial forecasting, and for quantifying and managing risk
- Streamlines manual processes where possible
- Other duties, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor degree or higher in quantitative discipline such as quantitative finance, statistics, mathematics, physics, or engineering
- 3+ years of experience with statistical analysis, modeling, and analytics
- Advanced knowledge of conventional, government, and non-agency mortgage products and guidelines desirable
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Experience with SQL, C++, Python, VBA and Java
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills in managing constructive relationships with business partners and model users
- Independent and highly motivated individual
- Dedicated to integrity, producing high quality results, and meeting deadlines
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.