Bankruptcy Specialist II
Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Bankruptcy Specialist II.
The Bankruptcy Specialist is responsible for handling various functions throughout the Bankruptcy process. This role is also responsible for complying with all guidelines and requirements set forth by government agencies, private investors, master servicers and bankruptcy laws.
- Maintains and monitors assigned workload
- Manages Bankruptcy milestone process
- Proactively utilizes reports to organize and maintain a smooth work flow to ensure compliance with Bankruptcy timeframes and departmental procedures.
- Continually prioritizes tasks to improve scorecard performance and to achieve individual, Client, Investor and departmental production goals
- Works in conjunction with attorneys, government agencies, investors, insurers, master servicers, and debtors in order to best service loans in bankruptcy
- Adapts priorities based on changing demands of caseload; multi-tasks and meets deadlines
- Informs supervisor of problems with the reports, vendor related tasks or other tools that prevent work from being completed efficiently or effectively
- Interacts with Mortgagors or their attorneys, Bankruptcy Trustees, Designated Counsel, Clients and other involved parties
- Monitors suspense balances on assigned active bankruptcy accounts for proper pre and post petition application
- Monitors cases and check docket on PACER for assigned files/tasks, taking appropriate action and updating systems appropriately
- Reviews and refers Proofs of Claim, Motions for relief and other bankruptcy-related matters to Designated Counsel with a focus on Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13
- Troubleshoots and work problem files or non-routine bankruptcy items such as lien strips, cramdowns and Motions to Sell
- Requests and proactively follows up on documents or required information
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in bankruptcy servicing
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Detail oriented; ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, math and problem resolution skills
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Customer Service Skills preferred
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under Bankruptcy laws, specifically Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12, & 13.
- Regulation X (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) Escrow Accounts.
- Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), specifically Periodic Statements for Residential Mortgage Loans, and Prohibited Acts or Practices and Certain Requirements for Credit Secured by a Dwelling.
- Regulation V (Fair Credit Reporting Act) specifically, Reasonable Policies and Procedures Concerning the Accuracy and Integrity of Furnished Information.
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act, specifically Maximum Rate of Interest on Debts Incurred before Military Service.
- Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), specifically Rules on Providing Appraisals and Other Valuations.
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.