Business Control Analyst, IT
Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Business Control Analyst.
The Business Control Analyst (BCA) is responsible for managing Issues Management within their assigned business unit(s). This includes, but is not limited to, documenting the issue description, conducting root cause analysis, development of a MAP, updating the status of all assigned issues in ProcessUnity, managing all MAPs to timely closure, and reviewing and packaging of all evidence necessary to demonstrate completion of all approved MAP activities. They also assist the Business Control Manager (BCM) in their risk and control initiatives and are mentored for movement into a BCM position.
- Assists BCM in the continuous monitoring of new issues, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Compliance testing to determine underlying control deficiencies/breakdowns
- Ensures proactive identification of materialized issues
- Understands the business impacts of new issues to effectively rate their severity
- Evaluates new issues to determine business response based on business risk appetite and Cenlar Issue Management guidelines
- Evaluates low severity issues to determine appropriateness of Fast Track eligibility. Leads the preparation and processing of Fast Tracking requests
- Leads the creation of remediation Management Action Plans (MAP) and MAP activities to address root cause of open issues or linkage to pre-existing MAPs when appropriate
- Prepares and processes Risk Acceptance requests
- Drives Issue Management (IM) through successful completion within Issues Management program KRI SLAs
- Performs on-going monitoring of MAP progress towards remediation target date and MAP activity milestones. Provides progress updates to business management and status updates to Issues Management using ProcessUnity
- Proactively identifies potential barriers to meeting target dates
- Prepares and submits MAP extension requests, when appropriate
- Ensures closed issues successfully passing AVT Validations and Sustainability. Demonstrates improved controls as a result of closed issues
- Updates Cenlar’s risk system of record (ProcessUnity)
- Identifies and escalates emerging risks
- Assists the BCM to provide control design advice and change management in response to changes in business process, technology, or compliance requirements
- Responds to Client requests (Client Audit Support/Client Management) in a timely manner
- Supports the BCM with active engagement with internal/external risk stakeholders (Audit, Compliance, Regulatory Change Management, Enterprise Change Management, Issues Management, Oversight & Control, QA/QC, P&P, AVT)
- Liaises with Cenlar’s Policies and Procedures (P&P) team to ensure risks and controls are appropriately reflected within procedures
- Coordinates management responses into MAPs for submission to auditors and examiners
- Liaises with testing partners (QA, QC, Compliance) to analyze root cause of testing results and suggest remediation activity
- Liaises with Audit validation team to satisfy evidence requests for validating remediated issues. Coordinates business walkthroughs and any subsequent updates in Process Unity, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 to 5 years of relevant mortgage servicing experience
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of risk management and internal control principles, including what constitutes effective control design
- Ability to analyze and provide a credible challenge of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls within the Issues Management process
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Process improvement and project management skills are a plus
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.