Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
As the HR Service Center Representative, you will provide guidance and assistance to employees and management on HR and Payroll inquiries. Responsible for processing transactions into the HRIS/Payroll systems and ensuring integrity of data. You will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by providing immediate solutions and timely resolution to questions. Other duties will include:
- Process daily HR & Payroll transactions into HRIS systems, perform audits on updates and ensure integrity and accuracy of the employee data and payroll records
- Serve as first point of contact for employee questions and issues via telephone or HR Helpdesk ticketing system; utilize ticketing system to process, document and resolve inquiries. Escalate inquiries as necessary and work with internal and external resources to resolve employee issues and problems
- Work closely with Payroll to insure payroll process is completed timely and accurately.
- Provide guidance and assistance to managers and employees relating to HR and Payroll policies, employee benefit programs and other employment information. Responsible for providing accurate information and direction regarding policies and procedures.
- Run and distribute various reports on a regular basis
- Maintain employee personnel files and records in compliance with retention requirements
- Handle unemployment claims, employment verifications, garnishments, child support claims, QMSCO’s and other inquiries relating to employees and personnel records.
- Process tuition reimbursements under the DNA Educational Assistance Program.
- Provide administrative support for HR, Payroll, Talent Acquisition and Benefit related activities – new hire background checks, offer letters, promotion letters, post-employment benefit brochure distribution, benefit eligibility feeds and benefit enrollments, information request from life and disability providers; United Way contributions; back-up for benefit and retirement plan contributions.
- Assist in the continuous development and improvement of information and processes required to perform quality service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, benefit plans as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws
- Ensure compliance with applicable DN HSEQ Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of HR experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field strongly preferred. PHR Preferred.
- Experience or exposure to HR principles and practices, employee benefit programs and payroll activities
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; HRIS experience, preferably with SAP and/or Success Factors.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and in writing with all levels within the organization demonstrating a high level of integrity, ethics, and customer service
- Attentive listening skills with the ability to ask probing questions to aid in problem solving and issue escalation.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters.
- High sense of urgency for meeting commitments and completing assignments
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation + 11 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.