ECS is seeking an Aircraft Technician – Gulfstream to work in our Lakeland, Florida office.
- Technician will be assigned primarily to maintain the G-IV and G-550 although work on other aircraft types will be assigned as necessary.
- Assist in planning, performing and tracking the progress of maintenance on assigned aircraft.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance performed on primary assigned aircraft.
- Performs major scheduled inspections, minor scheduled inspections and on-condition inspections.
- Performs major and minor aircraft modifications, alterations and repairs.
- Services the aircraft with fuel, oil, hydraulic fluid, grease, oxygen and nitrogen as required by the airframe and powerplant manufacturer maintenance manuals.
- Periodically assists with the weighing of the aircraft and computes and records weight and balance as necessary to ensure the proper loading of aircraft.
- Assist with the tracking of parts back to the original manufacturer.
- Executes preventative maintenance procedures on aircraft using applicable maintenance manuals, regulations, and directives.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes aircraft, powerplant, accessory and installed equipment problems that may involve mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, and/or avionics components.
- Ensure all necessary paper documents, forms and logs are correctly completed as well as electronic logbook entries prior to, and after maintenance is performed.
- Is required to perform maintenance and inspections while aircraft are deployed on assigned missions.
- Associates/ FFA A&P
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
- Position Requires an FAA Airframe and Powerplant License with 3 years' experience in Gulfstream IV or other Gulfstream aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to competently access, and use e-mail, time keeping program, Computerized Maintenance Programs, federal and private sector parts listings, and to access, understand, input and retrieve information from digital maintenance manuals, publications, logbooks and databases.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and US passport.
- Ability to travel for periods of several days at a time.
- Five years general experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician. Experience with DOC/NOAA procurement procedures and policies and NOAA Aircraft Maintenance Policy and Procedures.
- Experience with FAA Airworthiness Directive system and manufacturer's Service Bulletin system and their compliance procedures.
- Knowledge of aircraft, aircraft operations, and/or prior government or military service is a plus.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.