ECS is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees and teams to be our most important assets. Our team environment provides opportunities for growth to individuals who are motivated to excel. We are situated in Merrifield, VA – well positioned for most commutes within the Northern Virginia area. We also offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting and advanced IT business in the DC area. Our growing program works with the most forward leaning technologies and extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in within the AI/ML domain. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to the right person for this key position.
ECS is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the DOD community. The candidate will help design and implement solutions in AWS and Azure cloud. This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software problems. The candidate will work with a team to help design, implement and maintain virtual infrastructure of multiple enclaves. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of expertise in cloud networking concepts, modern CI/CD pipeline, platform automation and infrastructure development supporting these technologies. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other members of the technical team to gather technical requirements and execute on deliverables.
- Provide development, maintenance and implementation of secure systems in AWS/Azure to support highly available, scalable, and secure applications.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with a wide range of AWS/Azure cloud service providers/solutions.
- Support risk mitigation activities such as Assessment and Authorization (A&A), continuous monitoring, and vulnerability and configuration management.
- Integrate with and support a team of subject matter experts, in a highly agile environment, to implement best in class multi-cloud solutions by leveraging a variety of automation, instance and/or container, orchestration, security, and native/non-native cloud services for large DoD program(s)
- Work with cloud team to architect, design, implement and maintain cloud solutions and new capabilities in AWS/Azure.
- Assist in partner network integration, testing, and monitoring.
This job is located in Fairfax, VA but will require travel to Falls Church, VA or Springfield, VA for weekly customer site support, as needed.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Active Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Ability to work in a hybrid, on-site/remote capacity in Fairfax, VA (~3 days in office).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Information Systems Management; or similar Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
- Current DoD 8570 compliant, IAT Level II (e.g., Security+, SSCP, CCNA-Security, etc.).
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience designing, engineering, and deploying infrastructure systems and services within Cloud environments.
- 3 years of hands-on experience working with Azure Cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux endpoints.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing solutions with Cloud orchestration tools.
- Experience with native CI/CD tools such as CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, etc.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience with virtual desktop interfaces.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Active Directory.
- Proficiency with Cloud networking and troubleshooting Cloud networking environments (IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, firewalls, NAT, SSL/TLS, etc.)
- Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environments, infrastructure, processes, and operations.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge with deploying DoD SRGs and STIGs or CIS compliance benchmarks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Political savvy to confront difficult problems in a positive and creative way.
- Exceptional ability to expertly balance multiple, competing priorities and execute all in accordance with articulated timelines and requirements.
- A motivated, self-starter who enthusiastically tackles challenging operational problems and can quickly grasp and implement creative solutions with limited supervision.
Preference shown to candidates with:
- Active Top Secret or higher security clearance.
- Master's degree in a STEM discipline.
- Experience with DevSecOps frameworks.
- Experience using big data and Cloud tools and technologies.
- Experience working with DoD computer network. organizations and/or performers.
- Azure certification – AZ-103/104 and/or AZ-304/305 highly desired.
- AWS certification – AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate/Professional.
- CompTIA Security+ and/or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft O365 tools.
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian's Jira and Confluence.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3800+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.