ECS is seeking a Data Management Analyst III to work in our Pocatello, ID office.
Responsible for conducting organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consulting. Plans, develops, analyzes, and prepares studies and research projects. This position will provide sufficient detail to support departmental long-term planning, problem-solving, and management action. In addition, it will provide advanced analytical, communication, and coordination services. Advanced proficiency and experience using MS Visio, Project, SharePoint, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Advanced experience in large scale collection and entry of data into central repositories in short amount of time.
- Be responsible for conducting a variety of research and other assigned projects by compiling and reviewing internal and external organizational information, preparing position and issue papers; and recommending changes for management consideration; analyzes problem areas in service delivery and formulates recommendations for improvements; generate and edit reports and other business documents, updating content and drafting new documents to include meeting minutes.
- Consult with senior departmental managers and provides administrative assistance and counsel on management issues, organizational structure, feasibility, and the potential impact of varying courses of action; coordinates interdepartmental program elements with multi-agency goals.
- Participate in data center costs process by compiling and providing cost information to departmental or senior management and other staff; and analyzing information for management reports; ensures that costs are accurately reflected by reconciliation and maintenance of various tracking systems.
- Promote communication by preparing a variety of materials to disseminate program and policy information on a departmental basis on senior or executive management’s behalf.
- Assist management by constructing sensitive documents and correspondence, producing special research reports, serving as liaison on internal and external issues, participating in task forces and special issue meetings and coordinating various projects
- Promote communication by preparing a variety of materials to disseminate program and policy information on a departmental or agency basis on senior or executive management’s behalf.
- Perform related duties by visiting multiple agency locations, monitoring events for customer services, conducting research projects and long-term plans, reviewing expectations for accuracy, validity and variances, designing work plans and studying similar organizations for new ideas.
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Gather organizational performance information.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Analyze business or metric data to include inventory of IT devices and systems, system owners, application owners, and business owners.
- Confer with personnel concerned and customers to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Confer with personnel and customers to coordinate business operations.
- Develop and implement records management program for inventory, filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program requirements.
- Data entry collected data from various sources into a database, web form, and SharePoint site.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Discuss business strategies, workflow practices, or corporate directives with managers.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Prepare reports based on research and collection of data.
- Assist others on business or operational status on projects matters
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and resources used.
- Analyze jobs using observation, survey, or interview techniques.
- Prepare manuals and train workers and customers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Create training materials, instructions and forms as needed for collecting information for information technology hosting or re-location and migration strategy.
- Conduct study data collected and produce interpretation of data such as trends, forecasting of future consumption of resources of various types as well as decommissioning or movement of resources and calculate the delta. Resources include inventory in and out of data center, rack space, cooling, electricity consumption. Forecast footprint for resource control, and cost analysis. Labeling of systems and physical audit of data center resources to verify database information.
- Assist management by conducting agile tasks such as reporting velocity, story points, and/or epic features completed on a quarterly basis during release planning.
- Participate in quarterly release and sprint planning events, and other events as required by Agile management processes.
- Must have an active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI-CI Poly eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Strong background in information technology terminology, data center terminology, and ability to logically apply the terminology in reports
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.