ECS is seeking a Cloud & Networking Technical Lead to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Technical Lead to work in our Fairfax, VA office and various government locations supporting the development and integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cloud Solutions for a DoD customer.
ECS is an expert technology firm focused on AWS cloud solutions as an AWS Premier Partner, Audited AWS Managed Service Partner and AWS Reseller. We specialize in migrating custom developed and COTS applications into AWS and offering a complete suite of managed service solutions for our customers to include design, architecture, devops, systems administration, big data, security, and 24x7 cloud support services.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an AWS Certified Cloud Engineer with expertise in DoD network systems to our team in supporting a large DoD program that operates and maintains multiple IL 4/5 and IL6 cloud environments and DoD networks to take advantage of the many benefits offered by commercial cloud hosting + on-premise infrastructure, such as the ability to accelerate IT delivery, efficiency, and innovation.
This position will support client teams developing or enriching applications in a hybrid cloud environment, as well as providing maintenance and support in both classified and unclassified environments, with the goal of providing a stable, secure, flexible, efficient, and cost effective solution.
- Architect, configure, and manage a network in a DoD environment.
- Monitor and manage security compliance, remediations and patch management for both classified and unclassified environments
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware to comply with DoD requirements.
- Lead and architect risk mitigation activities such as Assessment and Authorization (A&A), continuous monitoring, and vulnerability and configuration management.
- Evaluate customer issues and make educated decisions on technologies, tools and the overall delivery strategy
- Thrive in a hybrid environment (split between SCIF/on-site and remote), able to be on-site at SCIF 3 days a week.
- Successfully communicate to customers, contract program managers, industry partners, ECS senior management, and Government representatives
- Provide leadership and creativity in new business capture and proposal development
- Track industry trends and leverage them to drive innovation and solution excellence across various functional domains
- Collaborate with operations, technical and business development managers, and ECS Centers of Excellence on key components of large solutions
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees and teams to be our most important assets. Our team environment provides opportunities for growth to individuals who are motivated to excel. We are situated in Merrifield, VA -- well positioned for most commutes within the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first in class facilitating a teamwork environment. We also offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting, advanced IT business in the DC area. Our growing program works with the most forward leaning technologies and extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in within the AI/ML domain. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to the right person for this key position.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience
- Must have an active Secret Clearance; ability to obtain a Top-Secret with SCI
- AWS Certified Solution Architecture/Developer/SysOPS or AWS Certified Solutions Architect -Professional.
- DOD 8570-01M certification: IAM Level I or better (e.g., Security+)
- Qualify for DoD IAT Level II within 6 months of hire.
- One of the following: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, SSCP, GICSP, or GSEC
- One networking certification.
- Highly technical and analytical possessing 7+ years of IT platform implementation experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a progression of roles to include delivering and sustaining technical and cloud solutions
- At least 5 years of experience with customer-facing cloud projects (AWS preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience with customer-facing on-premises projects
- Implement and maintain network infrastructure DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience in the administration of Linux (Patch, STIG, configure, and troubleshoot).
- Expertise in DevOps, Gitlab, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, scripting experience with PowerShell and Python.
- Cloud Formation/Automation/ PowerShell / Comparable Linux Scripting
- Experience building infrastructure as code (IAC) using terraform
- Experience with container orchestration with Kubernetes and docker
- Hands-on experience implementing AWS components such as: Lambda, IAM, Load Balancers, RDS, Cloudformation, S3, EC2, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Sagemaker
- Experience enforcing cloud security practices including configuring encryption, implementing VPC endpoint policies, bucket policies, and locking down security groups.
- Demonstrated, hands-on technical experience in Network and Transport protocols, tools, and techniques
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPCs, VPNs, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
- Experience developing and maintaining systems architecture and configuration documentation.
- A strong understanding of AWS/cloud-based technologies with a desire to learn more
- Current hands-on implementation experience migrating on-premises applications to AWS
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Active Top-Secret/SCI Clearance
- Experience working within a SCIF environment
- Experience working within a classified cloud & on-premises environment
- Experience in the administration of Red Hat Servers (Patch, STIG, configure, and troubleshoot).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Deploying, maintaining, and utilizing network management software
- Advanced understanding of DevOps Continuous Integration/CD
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments
- Azure Certified Solution Architecture/Developer/SysOPS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect -Professional.
- Depth of understanding of data management and security
- MS Azure certification (among other platforms, as applicable)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.