ECS is seeking an Analytical Methodologists/ Data Steward Journeyman to work in our Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO office.
Data Managers / stewards manage data within geospatial databases to satisfy routine customer requirements. They select and apply methods and techniques to generate, to approve, and to populate moderately complex data for databases. They evaluate data quality and determine data availability. They apply broad knowledge of products, data and systems to support the extraction, analysis and finishing of geospatial data. They prepare and validate geospatial data for web publishing. They organize data properties and relationships according to a system of categories. They create models or simulations of the intersection of data categories to enable data decisions and determine potential risk and risk mitigation.
Additionally, the contractor shall:
- Develop an understanding of customer requirements; recommend specific data sources and types to satisfy mission needs.
- Manage data projects to address key component challenges and priorities.
- Perform data conditioning techniques and processes for data management purposes.
- Synchronize data from numerous sources; develop data taxonomy to support integration into intelligence products from SOM to ABI data integration.
- Create and maintain metadata to quality specifications and ensures data documentation is developed and maintained.
- Provide oversight during development of data for visualization/analytic projects and develop schemas to ensure the data needs and requirements are documented.
- Ensure service interoperability and works to develop taxonomies where there are deficiencies in data standards.
- Determine requirements to collect data and identify existing data stores, disparate data, or data collection parameters and ensures the data collected are consistent with the NSG Application Schema and data models to dissolve any data silos.
- Research data issues and inquiries and implements process for data transformations, to resolve data issues, collaboration on system changes, and the integrity and quality of data personally created/updated.
- Conduct data validation and reconciliation processes following completion of data movement and enforces processes for data quality issue resolution.
- Ensure versions of mission data are maintained along with the history of changes, and data content and changes can be audited.
- Conduct QA/QC checks on structured observation data to reduce inconsistencies.
- BA or 4+ years of experience
- Must have experience using quantitative and qualitative techniques to solve complex problems using analytic tools and techniques such as GIS, quantitative methods and data visualization, modeling, systems analysis, comparative analysis, and database development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data mining, cleansing, and exploring spatial, temporal, and non-spatial data in both structured and unstructured formats.
- Must have the ability to learn an intelligence problem’s essential elements of information, identify sub-processes and dependencies, locate process dysfunction, develop alternative processes or analysis, share expertise with analysts and document approaches and methods for GEOINT analysis.
- Training in applied mathematics including statistics and mathematical support to provide temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, probability analysis, assessments of sampling, analysis of variance and error, and regression testing and analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Masters of Arts or Science degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as data science, Geographic Information Science, Geography, Physical Science, Operations Research, or a related field.
- Experience with one or more programing languages:
- Demonstrated experience with two or more modeling software suites in the absence of programing knowledge:
- e.g. FME, SPSS, SAS, ArcGIS ModelBuilder, or similar
- Experience with two or more visualization tools \ packages:
- e.g. (ggplot, Plotly, matplotlib, D3, Tableau, bokeh)
- Experience with software packages for formatting and cleansing data in the absence of programing knowledge:
- Domain knowledge / IC:
- Background in intelligence, defense, international relations, or public administration multi-disciplines.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the US Intelligence Community specifically GEOINT collection and exploitation.
- Experience collaborating with all national and service intelligenceagencies/centers
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.