Indiana University Hillel
Are you a driven and outgoing professional with a passion for outreach that leads to the realization of meaningful philanthropic giving? Are you strategic, organized, creative and intrinsically motivated? Do you enjoy utilizing systems to amplify your capacity for measurable success? Do you love to meet and talk to people? This highly specialized position is for you!
As an IU Hillel staff member, you will set your sights on the future of Hillel’s financial strength by identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects, leveraging our substantial existing leads while resourcefully scouting out future stakeholders. Ideal candidates deeply connect to and embody the mission of IU Hillel to promote Jewish identity development. Your work will be supported by the Executive Director and Associate Director who will provide you with the tools and upfront network to optimize your outreach efforts. Our Creative Director and Office Manager will work with you to create professionally printed and digital solicitations and administrative support with managing our donor database respectively with you leading the way. As a member of our executive team, including our Executive Director and Associate Director, we will set and accomplish ambitious goals, while enhancing your growth and success in this role.
As a member of IU Hillel team, you will be an integral part of our success in ensuring that all of the amazing work we do with our student community inspires every fundraising initiative. At IU Hillel, your work in this role in partnership with our Hillel staff support our mission to sustain a vibrant Jewish student community and be a “Jewish Home Away from Home” for all students.
This position can be remote.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with the Executive Director and Associate Director to support all fundraising initiatives, as well as managing organizational processes, including budget tracking, communications, marketing, and development strategy.
- Manage our annual cycle of fundraising events and campaigns including:
- Parents/Grandparents Club Appeal
- Shabbat Sponsorships Appeal
- Big 10 Challenge Campaign
- Giving Tuesday Appeal
- Global Giving Appeal
- Semester Phonathons
- Campus Superstar (CSS) - IU Hillel’s single largest annual fundraiser. Supervise and work with CSS committee members and chairs to execute and coordinate all logistics and fundraising for this event. Facilitate all CSS committee meetings throughout the year. You will work closely with the Executive Director and Associate Director to ensure the success of CSS.
- Work with IU Hillel Staff to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of current and future major donors.
- Engage in outreach to parents and alumni, with the support of involved parents and IU Hillel alumni through our Parent Advisory Board and National Advisory Council. Specific tasks include:
- Bi-weekly parent and quarterly Alumni e-newsletters
- Thankathons - work with student leadership/interns to thank donors twice per year
- Maintain a strong social media presence with frequent engaging posts on our parent and alumni social media pages (will work with Communications and Social Media Director)
- Write articles and other PR materials for Jewish Federation newsletters
- Manage all internet-based solicitations, including the preparation and production of marketing materials, with the support of our Creative Director and Communications and Social Media Director.
- Provide exceptional communication to funders, parents, and supporters of IU Hillel through letter writing campaigns, newsletters, thank-a-thons and social media.
- Coordinate Donor Incentives per donor membership levels to both donor parents and their students (For example: Manage the implementation of Parents and Grandparents Club student care packages)
- Prepare written materials for critical meetings including those with the Board of Directors, major donors, and local foundations.
- Lead the management of Little Green Light, our donor management system with the support of our Office Manager. Process donations/acknowledgments, generate reports, and ensure the system is consistently accurate.
- Identify data driven strategies to reach non, lapsed and decreased donors
- Conduct prospective donor research on individuals and foundations to grow our donorbase.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports for individual donors, philanthropic foundations, other funders and the board.
- Mentor Hillel staff and student leaders on sponsorship opportunities and fundraising initiatives, including recruiting, training and mobilizing students to partner in Hillel’s development efforts.
- Develop and promote a culture of philanthropy throughout Hillel, including creativity, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Other responsibilities:
- Supervise development student interns.
- Attend Hillel programs on evenings and weekends as necessary, such as select Shabbat dinners, Parents Weekends, Homecoming Weekend, Welcome Week, and Graduation events.
- May require regular travel to meet with donors and donor events.
What You’ve Accomplished
- 2-5 years experience in fundraising, development, marketing, and event planning preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven success in
- Planning and leading events
- Applying written and oral communication skills; able to communicate appropriately through email, formal letters, reports, and social media
- Managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
What You’ll Receive
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student who fosters an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and trains them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Indiana University Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.