We are looking for a dynamic, creative, well-organized professional with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for Jewish life. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, outgoing and engaging, and able to connect with students. Every day brings new ways to connect Jewish young adults with opportunities to further their identities and practice active Jewish life on campus at Western.
What You’ll Do
Student Leadership Development
- Model positive leadership
- Build on the current leadership model by engaging new leadership students
- Advise and support the student executive boards and their committees
- Identify leadership development opportunities for empowering students
- Facilitate skills training opportunities throughout the year
- Coordinate and support intern initiatives
- Identify future leaders and help engage them in the pursuit of leadership opportunities on campus
- Ensure a visible Jewish presence on campus
- Identify and contact uninvolved student populations and develop strategies for engaging them independently, and with existing student leaders
- Responsible for data management, as it relates to set student engagement metrics as part of Measuring Excellence
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live (in residence), work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and engage them
- Work with student leaders on refining their Engagement best practices through tabling, coffee dates, networking and welcoming at programs
- Working with and coordinating with other Jewish groups on campus like Chabad, AEPi, etc.
- Building relationships with professionals and student leadership of campus groups
- Support student-initiated programs; attend programs when appropriate (including evenings, weekends, Jewish holidays)
- Be an experiential Jewish educator who nurtures the Jewish growth of others through conversations and actions
- Add accessible Jewish content and depth to programs on campus
- Identify and seek innovative program areas to reach new student populations
- Liaise with the marketing and communications team in coordinating creation of all materials (print and web)
- CRM data entry
- Manage programming budget
- Logistics support for programs
- Support Hillel Ontario initiatives including regional program campaigns, initiatives, fundraising efforts, etc.
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years relevant experience working
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot effectively
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with network management and social networking processes
- Energy, a sense of humour, flexibility and maturity
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is an asset
What You’ll Get Out of It
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $30,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, and generous vacation/sick time, as well as mental health days
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About Hillel Ontario
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 13,500 Jewish students across nine universities, and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel Ontario is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.