University of Florida Hillel
University of Florida Hillel seeks a passionate, driven, and highly organized fundraising professional to serve in its newly created role of Development Associate. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will be actively involved in all aspects of fundraising within a $1M+ non-profit organization.
Serving 6,000+ Jewish undergraduate students, one of the largest Jewish student populations in the world, UF Hillel is undergoing an exciting period of organization-wide growth and transformation, including its development program. Over the past two years, and despite the ongoing pandemic, UF Hillel doubled its total number of unique donors and grew its total dollars raised by over 30%. This momentum will continue with the Development Associate playing a key role in our success.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the “right hand” to the Director of Development, assisting in all aspects of the donor giving cycle - identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship – with increasing responsibility and independence over time
- Interface with stakeholders daily, providing the highest possible level of service
- Manage UF Hillel’s stakeholder database, the central repository for donor, parent, alumni, student and prospect information
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor progress toward fundraising goals
- Plan and execute stewardship events, such as fall tailgates, parlor meetings, Gator Tot Shabbats, and Summer Sendoff Parties
- Provide supervision and mentorship to student interns to support:
- Stakeholder communications
- Weekly student newsletters
- Website and social media platforms
- Work collaboratively with other development staff and the Jewish Student Life team on fundraising, storytelling, communications, and marketing efforts
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Positive, energetic, kind and friendly attitude, with an eagerness to help colleagues, contribute toward collective success, and be part of a winning team
- Flexibility, patience, and ability to pivot quickly from one task to another within a new position, understanding that the role may change over time
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement through feedback and mentorship
- Natural inclination to strive for excellence in all aspects of your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in fundraising and/or non-profit management
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing large quantities of data using Microsoft Excel, and ideally a fundraising or membership database
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and independently, while recognizing when it is appropriate to seek help or advice
- Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
Candidates must have an undergraduate degree; 1-2 years of relevant professional work preferred; prior development or communications experience is a plus but not required
What You’ll Get Out of the Position
- A wonderful entrée and suite of essential skills necessary for success in the non-profit sector
- Excellent hands-on experience as a key staff member in a professional and growing development program
- Direct and daily interaction with UF students, donors, and top organization stakeholders
- Opportunities to have tangible impact on the organization and its stakeholders, including leading and growing new systems and initiatives from the ground up
- Mentorship, skill training, and high-level professional development opportunities
- Perks of living in a college town, featuring national champion sports teams, a robust arts and culture scene, hyper local businesses and restaurants, excellent medical care, and close proximity to springs, beaches, theme parks, and major cities across the Southeast U.S.
- A network of supportive and collaborative colleagues from across the Hillel movement
- A base salary of $40,000 per year
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
About University of Florida Hillel
With one of the largest Jewish student populations in the country, the opportunities for Jewish life at UF are nearly limitless and UF Hillel strives to operate on a scale capable of meeting this challenge. Hillel provides Jewish students with community and connection through a relationship-focused approach that seeks to ensure every Jewish Gator is inspired to find their own voice and relationship with Judaism.
Gainesville is a great place to live with all the offerings of a vibrant college town, including an excellent arts scene, first class medical care and academic health system, SEC sports, and inspired local restaurants. Here culture meets nature with eight state parks, featuring more than 100 miles of trails for biking and hiking, plus crystal-blue freshwater springs. The wide range of offerings, extremely high quality of life, and relatively low cost of living has made Gainesville an increasingly popular destination to live for people of all ages.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
University of Florida Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.