Hillel Ontario is looking for a Development Coordinator to join and help drive an innovative, talented, and driven team. You will work integrally with your partners to build immediate and long-term financial support for the organization.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for managing the organization’s donor management systems and implementing aspects of the organization’s community giving strategy, which includes donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, relationship building, event management, prospect research and outreach and program planning.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Sr. Development Manager.
- Research annual campaign and major gift prospects and create briefing notes for gift cultivation and/or solicitation meetings
- Manages the administrative logistics behind all fundraising activity, including management of the donor database, prospect research, preparing tax receipts and tribute cards, etc.
- Builds relationships with individual donors and strengthens their connection to and support of Hillel Ontario and its strategic funding priorities.
- Cultivates and solicits donors for gifts under $500 through mechanisms such as hard copy and online solicitations, fundraising events, parent giving circles, etc.
- Focuses on new/existing donors and growing donor participation; responds to donor and/or prospect inquiries.
- With the Development Team, participates and assists as needed to enable effective and successful development activities including; developing prioritized prospect lists, formulating development strategies, researching funding opportunities, determining philanthropic interests of individuals, assessing capacity of donors and prospects, identifying corporate sponsorship opportunities, evaluating progress on an ongoing basis, and documenting all interactions with donors.
- Plans and implements Development programs, such as donor recognition events, parlor meetings and cultivation programs.
- Serves as a resource to campus professionals as it relates to fundraising
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications Team in all aspects of the development portfolio
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Effective relationship-building skills, with the ability to be tactful, proactive, and diplomatic.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with CRM software, Excel, and other Google/Microsoft software.
- A persuasive ability to tell a compelling story and encourage philanthropic behavior.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to meet, greet and educate people with confidence and poise. Must be highly personable, energetic, and a self-starter.
- A charismatic individual that engenders confidence and trust, while possessing a high level of integrity.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to logically solve problems with minimal supervision.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Uses discretion handling and communicating sensitive information.
What You’ll Get Out of the Position
- Competitive entry-level salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Extended health medical and dental benefits, membership in comprehensive employee assistance program.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Amazing colleagues
About Hillel Ontario
At Hillel Ontario we have a brief and critical four-year window of opportunity to form a connection with Jewish students and achieve our vision of inspiring every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring connection to Jewish life, learning, and Israel. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they become proud, resilient, community-focused, young Jewish leaders.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel Ontario is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.