Advocacy Coordinator, Multiple Campuses
The Advocacy Coordinator is an integral part of the local campus team, whose primary focus is on the advocacy initiatives of Hillel’s student leaders. The Advocacy Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing Hillel Ontario's advocacy strategy on a local campus level and play an integral role in managing, both proactively and reactively, advocacy-related issues on campus. The Advocacy Coordinator will cultivate relationships with Jewish and non-Jewish student leadership in pursuit of Hillel’s advocacy objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Create and execute a proactive advocacy strategy for the local Hillel, identifying specific goals and measurable objectives, in partnership with the Campus Director, and with support from Hillel Ontario’s Chief Communications and Public Affairs Officer.
- Collaborate with other Jewish and/or Israel advocacy organizations on and off campus to further Hillel’s strategic advocacy objectives and strengthen organizational relationships.
- Provide support to Jewish and non-Jewish students affiliated with Hillel in pursuit of their advocacy interests, including working with them on their political advocacy interests, such as student political campaigns and referendums.
- Prepare for, and respond effectively and strategically, to anti-Israel/anti-Semitic incidents on campus in collaboration with the Campus Director
- Assist with the creation and implementation of strategic campaigns to advance advocacy objectives.
- Cultivate student leadership and mobilize students towards advocacy objectives on and off campus.
- Take initiative and seek opportunities to advance Hillel’s advocacy strategy on campus.
- Be able to regularly report on anti-Israel and anti-Semitic activities on campus as requested.
- Engage Jewish and non-Jewish students interested in advocacy and build strategic relationships with various stakeholders and clubs on campus.
- Be an integral part of the Hillel campus team.
What You Will Do Well:
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Multi-task and troubleshoot effectively.
- Have knowledge and experience with network management and social networking processes.
- Energy, versatility, flexibility and maturity.
- Build effective and meaningful relationships with staff, university students, and community members.
- Enjoy community organizing, campaigning and programming.
- Maintain clear thinking and calm during times of crisis.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Undergraduate degree required
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience, including demonstrated involvement in student government, political organizing or active engagement in campus life in university, with an understanding and appreciation for campus dynamics.
- Ability to take initiative and collaborate with multiple team members.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills.
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $40,000 - $45,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Life and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, generous vacation/sick time, transit and cell phone stipends
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Amazing colleagues and a flexible work environment
- University of Toronto
- University of Metropolitan Toronto
- York University
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel Ontario is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.