The Translational Pulmonary and Immunology Research Center (TPIRC) is a non-profit clinical care and research center that focuses on developing cutting-edge, individualized treatment protocols for rare and orphan diseases. TPIRC uses comprehensive diagnostic tools and patient-driven research. We advance treatment discovery at a pace that helps our patients today while building a scalable model of success to accelerate the research discovery rate for all diseases. Our team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a Director of Human Resources to support and drive our mission.
The Director of Human Resources will lead all aspects of the HR function during an exciting time of growth and expansion. Data drives every aspect of our decision making as a business and that is no less true for people-decisions. Human Resources will use an analytical and forwarding looking approach to help ensure that human resources continues to thrive as a rigorous decision function that will attract and retain the best people. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
As the Director of Human Resources you will work with both Human Resources, Recruitment and Line Managers to create and maintain an environment that will help them flourish. You will develop strategies and implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees. You must be data driven and have a genuine passion for nurturing our culture and promoting our core values.
- Build a data-driven human resources organization that will support the company in this phase of rapid growth and expansion
- Formulate and execute the people strategy, including: recruiting, diversity, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, retention, compliance and culture initiatives
- Grow and manage our people operations, recruiting and office management teams
- Implement and iterate on HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale from 150 to 400 employees domestically within the year.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team; develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Regularly meet with department heads and people managers to understand the functional and business goals and initiatives and provide insight, flexible and innovative solutions and best practices to help drive performance and growth
- Be a key team-building leader and people manager: someone people look to for guidance on a range of personal and professional challenges and questions
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions to increase performance and retention
- Establish scalable solutions empowering our leaders to be better managers and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for their next role
Skills & Qualities
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
- Must have 3+ years of Netsuite HR (PeopleSuite) experience
- Taleo experience highly preferred
- Experience with compensation planning
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is hungry to grow an organization
- Data driven with the ability to master complex business problems
- Intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Always curious and always learning
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- Unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural diversity of employees
- Highly ethical individual, strong level of confidentiality with a natural tendency toward discreteness
- Strong service orientation with commitment to providing excellent employee experience
- Deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters
- Proficient in Google Apps and MS Office