Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join our Product Development team as Principal Software Engineer
- Deliver a complete front-end application
- Ensure high performance on mobile, as well as desktop web browsers
- Work with UX engineers, other front-end and back-end engineers to learn about all parts of the stack and features, conduct code-reviews, contribute to the API design and definition, when needed, and constantly improve the innovative engineering culture and best development practices within the group
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Implement solutions within an agile environment, adhering to best practices of the organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor / Master in Computer Science / Engineering
- Skilled and knowledgeable in HTML5/HTML, CSS (Optionally good to have)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Able to create self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Professional, precise communication skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of React, Preact, GraphQL, Apollo GraphQL, Redux, Electron
- Knowledge of LESS/SCSS
- Knowledge of Test/Behavior Driven Development
- Knowledge of NodeJS and Node Webkit
- Mobile application development experience
- Knowledge of CI / CD tools
- The Zimbra product development group at Synacor envisions, builds, deploys, and supports our enterprise-grade email collaboration suite for hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Our cross-functional, agile teams value autonomy, collaboration, and continuous improvement, and are composed of product managers, development, program managers, and, quality engineers. Having a crisp product focus allows us to constantly iterate, delivering the best products balancing feature-set and time-to-market.
- We fail sometimes, and we make mistakes. But we do it as quickly as possible and in a contained way, so we can pivot and make improvements to our processes, our skillset, and our team. Everyone, at every level and in every job function on our lean teams make decisions that affect our product, and you will be one of our most valuable assets when you join.
- You want to work in a product-focused organization composed of autonomous, self-managed teams.
- You love programming and evolving your skills is just built into your DNA. You stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry and look for ways to implement new ideas to continuously improve your projects.
- You’ve worked in Agile Development, and are keenly aware of the benefits and tradeoffs. You look forward to retrospectives to provide new ideas on how to improve the efficiency of the team.
- You have scaled software as your user base grows, so you know that application performance is critical from iterating a single list, all the way up to enterprise-grade system operation. Since you know where bottlenecks can occur, you proactively introduce solutions before problems arise.