Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a small strategic marketing firm in Northern Virginia, that is looking to add a part-time Director of Creative Services to it's growing team. We are interested in talking with talented designers who have previously served in titled creative services leadership roles, and who are interested in leveraging their practical design skills and leadership experience in support of the firm's client reqiurements and mid-term expansion goals.
We are seeking an initial time comittment of 10 to 15 hours/week. There will likely be an opportunity to increase the number of hours comitted each week, as the firm's workload increases over time. It is also possible that this part-time role could transition into a full-time position. Given the potential for ramping up the level of comittment, we will only consider applicants who are either full-time freelancers (i.e. one-hundred-percent focused on managing their own client mix) or working in a part-time position that might compliment this opportunity from a scheduling perspective.
* Lead the organization’s design process from client intake to finished product.
* Provide creative direction to elevate the overall quality of designed products.
* Manage and mentor internal staff during design execution.
* Interface with clients; present work; lead clients through the design process.
* Occasionally provide direct, hands-on design and production support.
* Improve internal design process workflow, serving as project manager where required.
* Source and manage freelance designers where required.
* Previous experience in a titled creative services leadership role at an advertising/design agency or internal corporate function.
* A portfolio that clearly demonstrates the depth and breadth of your experience creating and producing marketing and/or advertising design across media, ideally including brand identity, websites, digital advertising, and print advertising.
* Preference will be given to applicants whose credentials and portfolio examples suggest deeper, recent experience around branding and interactive products.
* Proven ability to build general client ideas into fully realized design vision.
* Excellent attention to detail, with a sincere desire to deliver the best work possible.
* Demonstrated experience improving the performance and creativity of a design team.
* UX/UI design experience and making web design decisions based on data analytics is a plus.
* Strong project management skills, with demonstrated experience managing resources/staff workloads and deadlines.
* Excellent InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
* Basic MS office skills.
Currently all of the firm's employees are working from home. Prior to COVID, everyone reported to Metro-accessbible, offices in Arlington, VA a few days each week. However, work-from-home flexibility has always been built into all positions with this firm. We expect the part-time Director of Creative Services position to be a work from home role in the near-term. However, it is possible that some level of in-person comittment will be required as we move further into 2021.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role ongoing for the foreseeable future (i.e. no specific end date),
(2) with a commitment to 10-15 dayside hours/week,
(3) starting in April or May,
(4) working from home (DC, MD or VA) for the time being,
(5) with the possibilty of some in-person time requirements beginning Q3 or Q4 2021.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is suggesting a pay rate range of $70/hour to $90/hour for the part-time position described above. If the person who is selected for this role is invited to increase his/her comittment above 20 hours/week at a later date, it is possible that a rate adjustment will be discussed. Possible future offers of full-time, salaried employment will base compensation on market norms for equivalent full-time positions and may not be correlated to the part-time consulting rate.
We will likely be able to offer a higher hourly rate to ideally qualified candidates who demonstrate terrific work in their portfolios and whose skills and experience match-up particularly well with the assignment requirements. Alternatively, we might offer a slightly lower rate to a candidate whose credentials suggest s/he will be successful in the role, but who might otherwise be lacking some of the specific experience we're seeking.
The actual rate offered will be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
We are recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see above), but we do not typically include employer names. We hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.