An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities nationwide to bring their degree programs online, is looking to engage a Web development pro with WordPress site building experience and demonstrable HTML and CSS skills, in a project that will require a total of approximately 50 hours of work over a 7 to 14 day period around the end of June; beginning of July. Work on this specific project will be in support of a partnership with a prominent Washington, DC area university.
The vendor chosen for this project will interact with a variety of stakeholders including: project leaders on the educational technology company's strategic brand team, internal interactive and creative services staff, and clients/partners who work for the university.
We typically prefer for freelancer vendors to be available to support our clients during regular business hours. That's our goal on this project, primarily because there will be a need for the vendor to meet (virtually), talk and e-mail with client stakeholders regularly over the course of the project timeline. However we've been told by the stakeholders that it will be fine for much of the actual deve work to be done during non-core (i.e. evening) hours.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2016 and we have been working particularly closely with them throughout much of the last year. The stakeolders on this project have suggested that there may be more, similar work on offer once this project is complete. The project is part of a pilot program that will likely expand. We can share the organization name, the hiring manager's credentials, information about our work history with the organization and examples of the types of products that might be produced in this role, with the most well qualified applicants.
* At least two years of clearly relevant, professional experience working as a Web developer or in others roles that were focused on coding and interactive production.
* Demonstrable depth of experience building sites/pages using WordPress -- specifically, experience porting designs over to WordPress and implementing them with keen attention to detail.
* Practical HTML/CSS coding skills. Applicants for this role must have hand coding proficiency. Individuals who can only fix code within existing pages should not apply.
* An online portfolio or other repository of links that showcases your specifically releavnt (i.e. WordPress page building) work.
* Understanding of SEO and CRO best practices preferred.
* Experience working within other CMS is a value-add, but should not be considered an equivalent to specific WordPress experience. We will not respond to applicants who do not clearly indicate their specific WordPress experience in resumes, cover letters and/or example work submissions.
* Familiarity with web accessibility, responsive design and site performance optimization preferred.
This position is open to qualified individuals who are currently living in or have a permanent address in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia. All work can be done remotely (i.e. from your home). You will not need to visit the organization's offices, which are in Maryland. It is worth mentioning that much of the organization's full-time staff works remotely year-round.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) time commitment of approximately 50 hours;
(2) over the course of 7 - 14 days;
(3) with dayside communications availability required;
(4) working entirely from a remote location (your home, etc.) in DC, MD or VA.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. For this scope of work we are suggesting a rate range of $60/hour to $90/hour. The broad range reflects our interest in hearing from well qualified individuals who bring an equally broad range of experience.
It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay appropriately qualified early career professionals near the top of the stated rate range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes communicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you near the top of the range.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio or other example work submitted, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere, please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application with a resume, work samples, salary request and cover letter (or at least a brief note) that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without submitting these items should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.