Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a highly visible national media organization headquartered in northern Virginia, that is looking to engage a Sr. Digital Product Designer in a long-term temporary role.
This is a fully remote (work from any location in the United States) position that will require consistent availability during the range of committed hours throughout each each week.
The employer is ideally seeking a six-month commitment, but will consider Product Designers who can work at least three months. Full-time availability at 40 hours/week would be best and the employer can guarantee weekly billing at the maximum number of committed hours. We are also interested in talking with Product Designers who can offer at least 30 hours/week.
The Sr. Digital Product Designer will work in coordination with staff Product Designers on a B2B design team that supports Product Managers, Business Analysts and technology developers. The position reports to a Product & UX Design Manager and works directly with a Senior Product Manager.
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Sr. Digital Product Designer who can visualize and rapidly iterate design concepts for B2B digital marketing products at various levels of fidelity (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes).
The primary focus for this role will be collaborating closely with Senior Project Managers on tactical outcomes for existing digital marketing dashboard-based projects that are heavy on charts, graphs, tables, and reporting. The work balance will be about 60% UX, 20% UI, and 20% research.
This role will have the opportunity to be the primary designer for a specific product, and will guide designs and be the voice of the user. There will also be an opportunity to collaborate with other design team members on strategic, innovative projects, or the opportunity to plan and lead user research initiatives.
* Substantial hands-on expertise with product design and agile methodologies.
* Expertise in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods.
* Experience working for or on behalf of enterprise or B2B digital product & services company.
* Hands-on knowledge of product design tools such as Sketch, Invision, and usertesting.com.
* Ability to lead design work on individual products as the sole designer, asking challenging questions and advocating for the best experience.
* BA and/or equivalent professional experience in UI/UX design, design strategy, communication design, visual design and/or human-centered design.
* Portfolio of example work and/or studies that clearly demonstrate the breadth of your relevant experience; example work offered will ideally align with your most recent work experiences as outlined in your resume or bio narrative.
* Comfortable working in Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
* Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
* Particularly deep experience in UX design and research, usability testing, and information architecture. UI experience a plus.
* Experience with or interest in designing dashboards, charts and graphs, and data heavy features.
* The ability to think about the end-goal and higher strategy while understanding known constraints to produce an engaging design experience.
* Strong sense of collaboration; you should thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments.
* Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to an optimal solution.
* Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas.
* Interest in digital marketing is a plus.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) 30 - 40 hours/week;
(2) during regular business hours;
(3) remotely at the location of their choice within the United States;
(4) starting in June;
(5) ideally continuing for six months (will consider 3+ months).
Based on conversations we have had with our client, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a pay rate range of $70/hour to $120/hour. (Annualized equivalent salaries that correspond to this pay rate range are $140K to $240K.) We realize that we are advertising a broad pay rate range. We are interested in receiving inquiries and applications from demonstrably talented mid-career professionals and highly experienced senior-level professionals.
Brainstorm Creative Resources pays competitively and actively encourages our employer clients to do the same. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong, evidentiary case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
The actual rate and/or salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.