An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities to bring their degree programs online is looking to engage a professional with specific experience and a sincere interest in resource planning and project management, in an ongoing work-from-home, full-time marketing and creative services project management position.
We are hoping to talk with applicants who can work at least 35 hours/week, and ideally those who are available to commit 40 hours/week. No specific start date has been set, but we are hoping to identify someone terrific who can start right away. Even though this is a work-from-home role, individuals who would like to be considered must live within a commutable distance of Washington, DC; Brookyn, NY; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ or Fort Lauderdale, FL.
This new position is very similar to others we filled for the same client employer within the last few months. We are on the move again due to the fact that the employer is continuing to expand it's marketing project management team. If you applied for a similar role previously and would like to be considered for this opportunity as well, please login to your existing profile at our application portal, and attach your name to this new position.
This position is for a professional who already has experience using resource planning software, to assign people to projects based on their skills, experience, and availability. The individual in this role must be proactive and have the ability to keep things moving under pressure and on tight deadlines. This position steps-in and helps Project Managers by reallocating resources, adjusting goals or requirements or assigning new people to them. The Marketing Project Manager should also be able to motivate internal clients to adopt and adhere to resource management best practices. The role requires keen attention to detail, organizational skills, adaptability, and sometimes a diplomatic touch.
The The Marketing Project Manager directly supports the Manager, Creative Project Management and others in the control of creative project or marketing campaigns. He or she will need to understand how all of the pieces of a project or campaign come together and make certain that everything is accomplished in a timely and coordinated fashion based on availability.
Please apply if you can work during normal business hours -- at least most of the time. This is essential. For this scope of work we are not interested in receiving inquiries from otherwise well qualified applicants who already have full-time, dayside commitments and are only looking for evening/weekend work.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2016. We can share the organization name, the hiring manager's credentials, information about our work history with the organization and examples of the types of products that might be produced in this role, with the most well qualified applicants.
* Manages the development of project schedules through a Forecast, Capacity Planning and Scheduling perspective.
* Supports an environment that encourages co-workers to exceed customers’ expectations.
* Recommends roles and responsibilities with Manager to provide the best opportunity for meeting client and internal measures and expectations.
* Offers strategic recommendations to improve productivity while balancing service levels.
* Ensures that forecasts, capacity plans and schedules are generated in a timely and precise fashion.
* Bachelor's degree.
* At least 3-5 years in a resource planning and scheduling role on a medium-large sized team.
* Highly organized, process focused, with a desire for continuous improvement.
* Strong verbal and written customer relationship skills.
* Ability to interact with all personality types and with all levels of staff.
* Personal time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Exceptional problem determination skills with a high attention to detail.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING EXPECTED:
* Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
* G Suite (Gmail, GDocs, GSheets, GHangouts, etc)
ALSO SEEKING EXPERIENCE WITH AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Smartsheets (particularly Smartsheets!)
This position is open to qualified individuals who are currently living in or have a permanent address in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia. All work can be done remotely (i.e. from your home). You will not need to visit the organization's offices, which are in Maryland. It is worth mentioning that much of the organization's full-time staff works remotely year-round.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) working 35 - 40 hours/week;
(2) mostly during typical business hours;
(3) entirely from a remote location (your home, etc.) in DC, MD or VA;
(4) ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. For this scope of work we are suggesting a broad rate range of $45/hour to $52/hour. For proper framing it is worth noting that these hourly rates, when annualized, offer income equivalent to salaries ranging from $90K to $104K. The broad rate range reflects our interest in hearing from well qualified individuals who bring an equally broad range of experience. As noted elsewhere in this job description, we are not interested in receiving applications from entry-level professionals. We are looking for highly applicable credentials that demonstrate your relevant experience in the range of "some" to "plenty".
It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay appropriately qualified early career professionals near the top of the stated rate range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes communicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you near the top of the range.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application with a resume, work samples, salary request and cover letter (or at least a brief note) that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without submitting these items should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.