An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities to bring their degree programs online would like to engage a production artist who has demonstrable experience working with interactive design assets, in an ongoing, part-time freelance role.
We are looking to talk with production artists and/or interactive designers with excellent production skills, who can work at least 10 hours/week. Ideal candidates will be able to work up to 20 hours during some weeks. No specific start date has been set, but our client is ready to bring a terrific freelance production artist into their workflow ASAP.
All work can be done remotely -- i.e. from your home or any other location you choose. However, even though this is a fully remote, part-time role, we can only consider individuals who live within a commutable distance of our client's offices in Washington, DC; Brooklyn, NY; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ and Fort Lauderdale, FL. Individuals who apply with Brainstorm Creative Resources and who do not live within 50 miles of these five locations should not expect to receive a response.
Projects will include production related to the design of websites, static and animated online ads and e-mail promotions. The person in this role will work closely with a highly experienced creative lead and a robust team of full-time, staff design professionals. This organization's interactive design process is built around use of Adobe XD. We'll stop short of calling Adobe XD experience required. Some experience working in XD will be helpful; more experience will be more helpful. We'll be looking closely for it in resumes and profiles.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2016. We can share the organization name, the creative manager's credentials, information about our work history with the organization and examples of the types of products that might be produced in this role, with the most well qualified applicants.
* Degree in graphic design or equivalent.
* Minimum 2 years experience in a titled interactive design or (preferred) production role.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe XD.
* Experience building files for both digital and print.
* Image color balancing and retouching skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to see the big picture.
* Ability to prioritize and multitask while remaining efficient and organized.
* Ability to take direction and be open to feedback.
* Ability to solve problems in a responsive, timely, and accurate manner.
* Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on a wide range of projects.
As noted elsewhere in this job description, all work can be done remotely. You will not need to visit the organization's offices, which are in the Washington, DC area. Even though this is a fully remote role, we can only consider individuals who live within 50 miles of our client's offices in (1) Washington, DC; (2) Brooklyn, NY; (3) Denver, CO; (4) Phoenix, AZ and (5) Fort Lauderdale, FL.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) working 10 - 20 hours/week;
(2) mostly (but not entirely) during typical business hours;
(3) from a remote location;
(4) ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. For this scope of work we are suggesting a rate range of $50/hour to $65/hour.
It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay appropriately, but still minimally experienced production professionals near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced production artists whose resumes communicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you near the top of the range.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application with a resume, work samples, salary request and cover letter (or at least a brief note) that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without submitting these items should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.