Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a highly visible, national media organization headquartered in northern Virginia, that is looking to engage a Digital Product Designer in a mid- to long-term temporary role. This is a fully remote position that is open to applicants anywhere in the United States. It will require consistent availability during typical business hours throughout each week.
We’re ideally seeking a mid- to senior-level UX/UI designer, but are also interested in hearing from talented early career professionals with at least two years of consistent experience in digital product design.
This position will offer up to 40 billable hours/week, but individuals who are looking to work part-time –at least 20 hours/week– should also apply.
We’ve worked closely with the employer over the last year to fill similar positions. They prefer to engage designers for three- or six-months at a time. Therefore we’re eager to talk with product designers who are seeking a three- to six-month commitment.
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Digital Product Designer who is capable of helping to elevate product design activities and who can visualize and rapidly iterate design concepts for multiple platforms and devices, at various levels of fidelity (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes). There will be work on a wide range of projects. Some will be conceptual and innovative; others will have a focus on tactical outcomes for the brand's flagship news website and for local market sites.
* BA and/or equivalent professional experience in UI/UX design, design strategy, communication design, visual design and/or human-centered design.
* Portfolio of example work and/or studies that clearly demonstrate the breadth of your relevant experience; example work offered will ideally align with your most recent work experiences as outlined in your resume or bio narrative.
* Expertise in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods.
* Experience working for or on behalf of a digital product & services company.
* Hands-on knowledge of product design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision and usertesting.com.
* Comfortable working in Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
* Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
* Particularly deep experience in UI and UX.
* The ability to think about the end-goal and higher strategy while understanding known constraints to produce an engaging design experience.
* Strong sense of collaboration; you should thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments.
* Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to an optimal solution.
* Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas.
* Attention to detail and a desire for consistency across products and platforms.
* Interest in digital marketing a plus.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) 20 – 40 hours/week;
(2) during regular business hours;
(2) remotely at the location of their choice within the United States;
(3) starting in Jan. 2022.;
(4) continuing for three- to six-months.
Based on conversations we have had with our client, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a pay rate range of $70/hour to $120/hour. (Annualized equivalent salaries that correspond to this pay rate range are $140K to $240K.) We realize that we are advertising a broad pay rate range. We are interested in receiving inquiries and applications from demonstrably talented professionals at various places on their individual career paths.
Brainstorm Creative Resources pays competitively and actively encourages our employer clients to do the same. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong, evidentiary case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
The actual rate and/or salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Alternatively, you can link to this job description directly at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BRAINSTORM&cws=1&rid=1535. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.