An online destination for NFL fans, that draws on the experiences and insights of highly recognizable commentators and former league decision makers to provide analysis and insights, is looking to engage an Interactive Art Director with demonstrable UX research/design experience in a three-month contract.
We are hoping to talk with individuals who can commit 30-45 hours/week during June, July and August. The client organization is looking to enter into a firm contract agreement for this three-month period to communicate their level of commitment to the person chosen for the role, and also ensure that individual's commitment to the project. We expect work to continue at a slower pace and with a dwindling time commitment in September and possibly beyond. This change will be accompanied by a transition to weekly billing for actual hours worked.
The Interactive Art Director will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and creative leadership as the organization works toward the launch of a revitalized online presence. During this three-month sprint effort organizational leaders will task the Interactive Art Director with UX research and presentation responsibilities, creative concept development and fine tuning, and interface design. The person chosen for this role will drive conversations with stakeholders about the look and feel of this organization's website going forward, and will also be responsible for the actual design of the next iteration of the site.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has a long working relationship with one of the client organization's founders/partners. We will gladly share plenty of additional details with the most well qualified applicants.
* BA and/or equivalent professional experience in UI/UX design, design strategy, communication design, visual design and/or human-centered design.
* A minimum of seven years of ongoing, professional experience working as an interactive designer or graphic designer, preferably in a broadcast or online publishing setting.
* At least three years of experience in a titled interactive design leadership role.
* UX research and design experience discussed on your resume and presented in your portfolio.
* A portfolio of interactive design work that clearly demonstrates the depth and breadth of your experience by showcasing the best of what you've produced over an arc of time, clients and/or products.
* Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
* Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
All work can be done remotely (i.e. from your home) for this decentralized organization.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) working an average of 30 - 45 hours/week;
(2) offering consistent (but not constant) dayside availability;
(3) entirely from a remote location;
(4) starting June 1 and continuing until at least September 1.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. For this scope of work we are suggesting a broad rate range of $150/hour - $225/hour. For proper framing it is worth noting that these hourly rates, when annualized, offer income equivalent to salaries ranging from $300K to $450K.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, your interactions with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below or e-mail us at candidate@brainstormresources-dot-com. E-mails should include the subject line "ID 1555 - NFL Interactive AD" .
If you are reading this job description elsewhere you are also welcome to e-mail us, or you can apply online by visiting http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Alternatively, you can link to this job description directly at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BRAINSTORM&cws=1&rid=1555. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
Brainstorm Creative Resources and the client organization are EEO employers.