Creating Experiences that People Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
The Public Relations Senior Specialist – Jaguar or Land Rover will support the PR and Communications Manager in promoting the Jaguar or Land Rover brand and products externally via media relations. Together with the Manager and PR Agency the PR Specialist will manage the brand’s PR function creating assets and programs, and engaging media to proactively secure media coverage. The successful candidate will work closely with the Digital Marketing and Advertising Specialists in the development of integrated brand and product communications and coordinate PR programs with global PR counterparts, product management and other Customer Experience Teams (Experiential, Retail, Media). He/She/They will also work with the Press Fleet Specialist to have fleet support PR strategies and programs and support Global Corporate PR colleagues in overall Jaguar Land Rover PR operations, such as media websites, agency processes, media database.
The role has responsibility for coordinating with outside agency and PR/Communications team on all brand press materials (press releases, infographics, videos, photography, media website), media strategy, media relations, briefing materials, press information distribution, PR logistics, interview management, coverage reporting : Brand programs to include media partnerships, experiential partnerships, social campaigns, celebrity and influencer programs and launching of marketing campaigns.
Key roles include:
- Coordinate with Manager to develop and execute media relations strategy with PR Agency in support of Team’s brand and product communications strategies.
- Serve as Brand Spokesperson in response to media inquiries
- Manage interviews with subject matter experts.
- Utilize knowledge of brand and product in managing PR plan and engaging with media
- Work with JLR Executives to engage media
Preparing Press Materials
- Managing the creation, updating, and distribution of product and brand press information and assets in coordination with his/her manager and outside PR Agency, including writing/editing product and brand press releases.
- Oversee creation/localization of required photo/video assets for PR efforts
Event Management/PR Logistics
- Work with PR Agency and Events Agency and JLR Corporate PR Manger on the event plan and execution, including guest management, media strategy, vehicle logistics, presentations, budgeting and briefings. Set up ride and drive, test, product launch, brand and lifestyle media events.
- Host media and executives at events to facilitate media coverage.
- Determine with his/her manager the makeup of the fleet and direct PR Agency, Press Fleet Manager,Press Car Services in the strategic deployment.
- Work with Press Fleet and PR Agency and Press Car Services on proper scheduling and reporting of fleet
Planning, Reporting, Agency Management, Finance, Legal
- Management of Jaguar and Land Rover North America’s agency of record (Havas Formula), in coordination with the Department Manager and JLRNA Corporate PR Manager.
- Work cross functionally with Customer Experience, global PR colleagues, Product Planning, Engineering, Finance, Legal and Marketing Departments where needed.
- Work with Department Manager on budget management for PR operations
- Perform additional duties as directed
Key Criteria for Role:
- Bachelors in Public Relations/Communications/Marketing or Business or equivalent experience
- 7 plus years in the automotive industry or luxury lifestyle with experience in public relations
- Knowledge of Automotive, Lifestyle and Business News Media
- Event Planning and Coordination experience
- Experience interfacing with executive management
- Organization - detailed and highly organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines, working independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop a plus
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus
- Automotive Technical, Brand, Business Knowledge
- Driving Skills - sufficiently advanced enough to evaluate, demonstrate, and diagnose press vehicle dynamics and quality an open road or closed driving course
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Outdoor work may be required on occasion in temperature extremes (hot and cold) and adverse terrain, including snow, rain, high altitude, and muddy conditions. Must be comfortable hiking in remote off-road environments on uneven surfaces during Jaguar or Land Rover product demonstration events.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (about 30%)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation and training.