Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that has been designing, and manufacturing high quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a dynamic Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our high performing product manufacturing engineering team.
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating manufacturing engineering processes on daily basis to produce high-quality product. This position requires Customer service knowledge and the ability to respond quickly to customer requests for information and data. Identifying, developing, and deploying new manufacturing methods (or refine existing) to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build schedule. Take ownership of product quality, establishing procedures and processes to support continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of printed circuit fabrication processes including: solder paste printing, placement, reflow profiling of thermal characteristics, automated inspection parameters, IPC 610 C&D acceptability requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, Bills of Material and related engineering documentation.
- Knowledge of wave solders, BGA placement and rework. Basic hand soldering knowledge is plus.
- Provide design for manufacturability review of designs, and make recommendations to improve quality, simplify operations and reduce cost.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for manufacturing activities.
- Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish manufacturing goals.
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes, and derive resolutions, then develop and implement preventive actions related to discrepancies.
- Support/develop cost estimates for hardware, processes, and organizations.
- Develop tooling concepts for assembly and test fixtures.
- Develop process controls on critical manufacturing characteristics.
- Provide support in the area of DFM (Design for Manufacturability) for PCBA & FAB and BOM-Scribe to other Paramit’s divisions, including Product Development Team.
- Required Education & Experience:
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- 7 + years of experience in EMS, CM, Medical Devices.
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good written, verbal communications and GDP (Good Document Practices) skills.
- Understanding of FMEA, ISO-13485 and Risk-Management is very plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to review/update processes/procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of electronic record and electronic signature requirements.
- Understanding of Engineering Change Orders and the extensive impact to all facets of production due to implementation of said ECO activity.
- Familiarity with databases and demonstrated proficiency with all s/w applications used for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools: SPC, DOE, C/E diagrams.
- Understanding of Engineering Change Orders and the extensive impact to all facets of production due to implementation of said ECO activity
- Familiarity with databases and demonstrated proficiency with all s/w applications used for manufacturing
- Understanding of FMEA, ISO-13485, and Risk-Management.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools: SPC, DOE, C/E diagrams
Standing at the forefront of technology with Paramit, you will be a part of our team making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries, which touches an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer of highly complex, medical devices and instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.