Attention dynamic Test Development leaders, we have an opportunity for you to have an impact with medical devices and life sciences as a part of our team. We are a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that designs, and manufactures high-quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture.
We are seeking a dynamic Manufacturing Test Development Manager to lead our team of experienced HW, EE, and SW engineers involved in developing automated test platforms/fixtures for PCBA, electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, and full system test.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Lead a team of 4-6 EE, SW engineers in developing functional test fixtures for electro-mechanical, optics, fluidics assemblies and PCBAs
- Provide technical leadership and customer interface for PCBA automated functional test systems, fully assembled customer systems and/or subsystems, reliability, and verification of the functional test area in a medical device manufacturing organization.
- Create project plans, resources plans, budgets and track the projects to align with the customer’s development schedule
- Develop test strategy and drive projects to develop tests with a clear goal of achieving First Pass Yield goals
- Develop test fixtures for PCBAs, sub-assemblies and system test and lead the rapid development of tests using scripting and using industry-standard hardware/software components
- Represent Paramit in design reviews with the customer design team and lead the team of engineers to provide DFT analysis and propose custom test strategy
- Be able to root cause difficult electrical failures (including design issues) on a wide variety of complex technologies.
- Must be able to provide innovative solutions to issues found in the test area. Including solutions to issues in the process, customer design or test setup.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of technicians and test engineers that perform the day to day testing and troubleshooting.
- Develop creative, efficient test setups for a wide variety of technologies.
- Drive customer quality improvement meetings for all test related issues.
- Be pro-active in approach to identifying and solving issues on the manufacturing floor.
Required Education & Experience:
- BSEE/MSEE with at least 10 years of experience in test engineering
- At least 5 years of leadership/management experience of managing a team of 4-6 talented EE, SW engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of system designs, analog/digital circuits, motion controls, and measurement devices/circuits
- Proven experience in developing tests using NI analog/digital I/O, relay boards and automation of digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other measuring devices
- Hands-on or leadership experience with LabVIEW and one or more programming languages C/C++, VB, VC#, Python etc. on Windows platform
- Proven track record of having been part of a product development team and understanding the electrical engineering disciplines of Analog, Digital designs
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to review/update processes/procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience of working with a CM in test development a big plus
- Hands-on development experience with micro-controller based systems designs with PIC, ARM and other platforms
- Experience with ICT or Flying Probe testers a big plus
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA QSR requirements and ability to provide assistance to the product development team in completing DHF for submission to FDA
- Ability to create project plans in MS-Project and ability to track projects to achieve timely completion within budget with quality
- Understanding of complete product development process from concept to production
- Background in electrosurgery.
- Hands-on low-frequency RF ( 250-400KHz ) experience
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.