Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture. We are seeking a Test Engineer to join our team.
As our Test Engineer, you will be responsible for planning test strategies, determining the best test method of achieving the highest test coverage, improving test yield through developing test plans, methods, protocol, reports, and evaluating products, as well as collaborating with production management.
- Work with the Cross-Functional Team (CFT) to resolve any discrepancies with the ECO.
- Update Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI) for any testing changes and implement Work Order Process Deviation.
- Interact with customers to define test strategies, test documents, test validation, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Read and understand all test acceptance records (i.e. forms) that must be completed during the assembly/test process.
- Evaluate all test acceptance procedures to ensure they are able to be executed and or raise the concerns with regards to safety, performance, tools, and execution issues needed before implementation of the tests.
- Implement all test procedures in accordance with the Customer and Paramit test requirements.
- Reviews test data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
- Conduct root cause and failure analysis and work with vendors/suppliers to resolve material issues.
- Perform First Article validation Programming Parts.
- Set-up test fixtures, preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration test equipment, and support manufacturing with test failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of test intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
- Train new test procedures to the technicians and train on how to properly document the test results, while at the same time complying with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Assist in Installation Qualification (IQ)/ Operation Qualification (OQ) for new test fixtures or new software releases.
- Maintain Work in Process (WIP) and WIP aging and assist in testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, mechanical assemblies, and dog boards.
- Understand the Non-Conforming Material (NCM) Report/MRB or Discrepant Material Report (DMR) process.
- Improve test yield and optimization, participate in continuous process improvement efforts in test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Explore and evaluate potential test tooling and test automation enhancements.
- Generate test reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional work experience including system and functional testing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the following test equipment: scopes, power meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator.
- A mix of hardware and software skills (LabVIEW, Visual Basic, Perl, TCL, or C++).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to read and interpret test specifications, schematics, and block diagrams of the system.
- Troubleshooting, testing distributed systems, understanding of multi-threading and concurrency implications for test scenarios and test harnesses.
- Diagnose component malfunctions, isolate problems, and recommend improvements.
- Respond with creative and flexible solutions in a rapidly-changing work environment while adhering to best testing practices.
- Assist new test project in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering from a four-year College, University preferred.
Working with Paramit, you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit, we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.