Our Machine Shop is opening and is located next door to our corporate HQ in Morgan Hill. All of our Morgan Hill locations are a short 15-minute "reverse commute" from south San Jose, or just north of Gilroy, and only a couple of minutes off the 101 Freeway.
Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high-quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture. We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated Metrologist Technician to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform 1st article, daily in process, and final inspections of machined parts to ensuring compliance to applicable drawings, specifications, etc. using various inspection equipment such as CMM, OMM, calipers, drop indicators, micrometers, various gauges, etc.
- The type of parts may include raw bar stock, machined parts, castings, fasteners, and other hardware. Experience with all commodities materials and finishes are preferred (Aluminum, Steel, Delrin, passivation, anodizes, annealed, etc.)
- Identify and manage non-compliant parts for disposition
- Ability to Inspect and Program parts using an OGP SmartScope Flash 500 with MCOSMOS software
- Ability to Inspect and Program parts using a ZEISS CMM with Calypso software.
- Ability to Create Inspection Bubble Drawings for 1st Articles using Inspection Xpert
- Create Inspection Plans using Prolink Software, and maintain the inspection records database for accuracy and traceability
- Create SPC Charts to monitor in-process controls as needed
- Maintain documentation and records in accordance with Paramit and customer requirements
- Thorough understanding of geometric dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ANSI Y14.5
- Work with related team members to perform failure analysis for product quality, monitor failures, and drive corrective actions as needed
- Ability to clearly, accurately, and effectively communicate across different departments including, Engineering, Production, Management Personnel, etc.
- Interface with Machine Operators, Manufacturing Engineers, and Design Engineers regarding technical issues and problem resolution
- Ensure all inspection equipment is maintained and meets calibration requirements
- Support ISO9001, AS-9100 standards and be familiar with 13485 and FDA 21 CFR, and QMS policies
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma and 10-15 years of related experience and/or training in the above responsibilities, including 2+ years of experience in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 standards, QC procedures, and documentation, and have experience with conducting a mechanical inspection by engineering drawings using standard hand tools and methods
- 5+ years as Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of CMM Programming experience
- Working familiarity with AQL sample Inspection
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time based on the needs of the job
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, as needed for specific components to be quality-verified
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- ASQ Certification
- Machine Shop inspection experience
- Experience performing inspections in medical device manufacturing
The job requires you to spending most of the day in or around the machine area. Manufacturing Facilities are generally noisy, dusty and occasionally have an odor from certain processes.
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will use the products we make one day. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.