Paramit is a global contract development and manufacturing firm focused on medical devices and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join our manufacturing Mechanical Engineering Team.
As our Mechanical Engineer, you will perform product-specific assembly line design including the creation of all assembly instructions, development of all tooling (assembly and material handling), and assembly training. You are a process expert in this area and will also be responsible for managing quality improvement efforts for products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet product efficiency targets
- Drive high manufacturing quality as a minimum expectation of the team. Lead regular quality circle meetings with their respective manufacturing area
- Manage quality activities to achieve a first-pass yield goal of 100% (process defects only) at QA and test on all managed assemblies. Requires development of a quality plan and monitoring for all products that do not meet their goal
- For assigned customers, must attend regular customer quality meetings with the PME and present system assembly quality data including root cause and corrective action plans
- Perform DFM analysis on all mechanical assemblies
- Train mechanical assemblers for all processes and any product that they build
- Develop a manufacturing plan for assigned products and complete all assigned assembly lines, instructions, and tooling development to plan commit dates
- Designs optical systems with specific characteristics to fit within specified physical limits of precision optical instruments, such as still- and motion-picture cameras, lens systems, telescopes, and viewing and display devices: Determines specifications for operations and makes adjustments to calibrate and obtain specified operational performance
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong working knowledge of optics/ mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Must have some mechanical design experience (design and development of custom assembly tooling would meet this requirement)
- Excellent knowledge of Solidworks, Auto CAD, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- 4+ years of experience in optical/mechanical assembly & mechanical assembly line design
- BS degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- EMS experience is not required but is a plus
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior, creative problem-solving capabilities
- Be able to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong desire to train and share knowledge
- High customer service attitude
- Integrity, honesty, and sound decision making
- Gain closure on all assigned issues/projects
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Drive for continuous improvement
- High level of quality awareness
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.