Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company supporting the design and manufacturing of high-quality medical devices and life sciences instruments. Located in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. Paramit has a global presence with manufacturing in the SF Bay Area as well as Penang, Malaysia with full design groups in the SF Bay Area as well as Boston.
We are seeking an experienced New Product Introduction (NPI) Project Manager. As our NPI Project Manager, you will own the customer relationship while driving the center point for expectation and deliverables through the management of technical and operational team members.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Main customer interface: Primary point of contact, responsible for driving and obtaining the highest Customer Satisfaction Ratings.
- Customer Focus Team Leader: The NPI PM is the primary interface both externally and internally. The NPI PM responsibilities include leading and managing the internal CFT to convert customer's communication and requirements into clear, measurable actions that can be tracked for meeting customer's manufacturing needs. PM is responsible for identifying any changes to the agreed delivery date(s) and re-establishing the center point with the customer(s) for the revised delivery date(s).
- New business development: Lead to provide outstanding service to sustain current business levels and to develop new business opportunities to increase revenue.
- Order management: Intimate knowledge of sales order and forecast management; subsequent changes and impact on MRP execution; work with Asset Manager and production control to meet customer's delivery requirements. Evaluate and compare loaded orders against monthly and quarterly revenue commits to assess financial performance.
- Program start-up coordination: Must have the ability to launch new projects, communicate and track meeting milestones; identify and initiate appropriate actions to remove potential barriers to facilitate implementation.
- ECO coordination and management: Coordinate customer ECO’s as appropriate to ensure proper implementation; take effective actions to prevent demand errors and minimize interruptions to production. Communicate ECO discrepancies to the customer(s), i.e. unclear disposition or incomplete documentation and seek remedies; submit impact analysis and obtain approval. Obtain POs for all ECO-related charges.
- Quotation: Responsible to coordinate any quotation activities for customer requirements. Set up quote review meetings as needed to ensure potential discrepancies are identified and remedied, prior to submittal to the customer(s). If the quote is for an existing product(s), establish a clear implementation cut-in date for the new price(s) to prevent invoice discrepancies between Paramit and the customer.
- Excess resolution: Must follow company policy of 10/20/30 to disposition excess monthly, where applicable; work with Asset Manager to review excess report, so that it can be sent to the customer(s) by the 10th of each month; set up a meeting with the customer to go over the excess report and or facilitate response to any questions by 20th of the month; obtain PO by the end of the month.
- Issue resolution: Must have the ability to manage and resolve tactical issues to meet customer requirements. This may involve getting support and resources from other functional groups. Escalate issues, prior to missing any milestones.
- Financial metrics and performance: Must be knowledgeable and able to take actions to improve financial metrics: Revenue projection and performance, excess inventory and mitigation, accounts receivables, and other key financial metrics.
- Cost reviews: Responsible to coordinate cost review activities to provide customers with quarterly price reviews/updates, if applicable. Manage all relevant PPV and standard cost issues and obtain required POs from customers.
- Quarterly business reviews: Must have the ability to manage customer QBR's, as required and lead relevant business discussions; obtain QBR deliverables and presentation requirements from customers; coordinate internal activities to complete presentation and meet customer requirements.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as (a) Program Manager in Contract Manufacturing industry or (b) Project management in a design environment, where a product is developed for an external customer or (c) Project Management in a manufacturing environment with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to drive clarity; proficiency with Microsoft applications (including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.