Paramit is a global contract development, and manufacturing firm focused on medical devices and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently seeking a Test Technician to join our team.
As our Test Technician, you will be responsible for the manufacture, quality, aligning, and testing of system-critical mechanical subassemblies with a primary focus on electro-mechanical optical modules, system-level, and other activities necessary to support manufacturing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical and optical modules Assemble and test a variety of optical subassemblies requiring small, manual adjustments done under a microscope with high precision
- Utilize a variety of different test and measurement equipment to inspect and/or troubleshoot optical components and assemblies
- Create technical work instructions and other manufacturing-related documentation
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as drawings, operating and maintenance instructions, and work instructions/procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to use logic and reasoning to assess issues and effectively work towards a resolution
- Ability to both independently and/or lead small, technical projects
- Process and resolve CAPA and Non-conformances
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements:
- Requires understanding of DC and electronics theory + 5 years applicable work experience, good hand-eye coordination; Prefer familiarity with assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting analog and digital, based circuits.
- Must have a working knowledge of general test equipment, such as power supplies, power meters, digital multimeters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Must demonstrate basic deductive analysis skills.
- Understanding and utilizing schematics and procedures are required.
- A good understanding of personal computer applications and general PC literacy.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, squat, kneel, twist, sit, lift up to 35 lbs., or walk with product in hands as required to complete tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The capability to function well in a fast-paced team environment is necessary
- Availability to work Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- High School Diploma, or equivalent certification
Preferred Experience & Education Requirements:
- RF knowledge and experience is highly desired
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline
Working with Paramit, you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit, we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will use the products we make one day. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.